Skip Navigation

The Housing Process

The Housing Process

Pay your $500.00 deposit and return your Continuing Enrollment Form (CEF) to the Business Office.

You may either:

  1. "Squat" (keep) your current space by filling out the Squatter's Request Form. If you pay your deposit, return your CEF and fill out the Squatter's Request Form, then you are done. (PLEASE NOTE: Students in Bray Village may not squat. If you live in a double room as a single, you MAY NOT squat your room as a single. Due to high enrollment, you will have a roommate next year! Additionally, you may not squat another space in your suite, townhouse or apartment.)
  2. Draw a lottery ticket in the Office of Residence Life. These tickets will determine your room selection order. Students will draw lottery tickets according to the number of credit hours including those for the current semester (Seniors = 85 or more credits; Juniors = 54-84 credits; Sophomores = 24-53 credits; Freshmen = 23 or fewer credits). Lottery numbers will be recorded.
  3. Enter the apartment lottery with a recognized foursome. All members must place their names on the recognized foursome list in the Office of Residence Life. Members of a recognized foursome must also draw a lottery ticket or fill out a Squatter's Request Form in the event that there are not enough open apartments for all recognized foursomes. The average number of credit hours for the foursome will determine the order of selection. For more information, please contact the Office of Residence Life.

If not squatting, attend Housing Selection.

Important rules

  • You may squat or select a lottery ticket, but you MAY NOT do both.
  • If your deposit is not paid, you cannot squat your room or select a lottery ticket.
  • If you are signing up with a roommate, you can use the "best number."
  • Students who are interested in requesting permission to live off campus must submit a written request to the Dean of Students Office and must have also completed their Continuing Enrollment Form and paid their $500 deposit. Interested students must also secure a housing assignment for the fall in order to be considered for permission to live off campus.
  • If you currently live in special interest housing (Greek, International, Honors/PORTfolio, Wellness) or are interested in living in special interest housing, please contact your program coordinator or the Office of Residence Life.

Website Comments/Feedback

©2014 Virginia Wesleyan College