Wesleyan Activities Council
Wesleyan Activities Council (WAC) is a student programming board that provides social, educational, and community-building activities on campus. It is the primary programming arm of the Office of Student Activities, thus it helps support the mission of that office. WAC membership is open to full-time, undergraduate students of Virginia Wesleyan College who are in good judicial standing and have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average. Appointments are by calendar year. The application and interview process takes place each November.
- President (gain experience in organization leadership and staffing)
- Vice President (gain experience in collaboration and outreach)
- Event Manager (gain experience in event management, marketing, hospitality, recreation, and audiovisual equipment)
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills
- Provide quality entertainment for peers
- Shape campus culture and traditions
- Make friends and network
- Red Team: Concerts and Musicians, Variety Performances, Culture and Learning
- Blue Team: Traditions, Games and Recreation, Sports and Spirit, Novelties and Giveaways,
2015 WAC Members
- President: Georgia Walker
- Vice President: Kayla Brown
- Event Managers: Jasmin Reeves, Christine Megia, Becca Gray, Darlene Flucker, Nadja Nelson, RayQuan Smithers, Mary-Ray Ratigan, and Julie Ainsley
Learn more about the Wesleyan Activities Council by reading its constitution or contacting Kate Griffin, Director of Student Activities, Greek Life, and Commuter Services.