Successful commuter students take full advantage of involvement opportunities such as clubs and organizations, student employment, and leadership workshops. The Office of Student Activities, located in the Jane P. Batten Student Center, is dedicated to making sure that you have such opportunities, which enhance your student experience and strengthen your connection to campus.
- Watch for emails and advertisements from the Student Government Association’s Commuter Representative.
- Help us maintain a strong, active Commuter Club.
- Hang out in the lounge by the Hub in the Batten Center.
- Need a place to store or warm up your lunch? Use the kitchenette on the second floor of the Batten Center.
- Store your stuff in a locker! For long-term use, there are commuter lockers in the Batten Center athletic hallway (reserve in Student Activities) and Birdsong Hall (reserve in Student Affairs). For daily use, make use of the Batten Center student locker rooms.
- Obtain a key card from Campus Security for after-hours access to resources such as the 24-hour quiet study lounge in the library.
- See Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) routes for Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
- Learn more about the Adult Studies Program.
- View the campus map with parking lots.