Successful commuter students take full advantage of involvement opportunities such as clubs and organizations, student employment, and leadership workshops. The Student Activities Office, located in the Jane P. Batten Student Center, is dedicated to making sure that you have such opportunities, which enhance your student experience and strengthen your connection to campus.
- Watch for emails and advertisements from the Student Government Association’s Commuter Representative.
- Help us maintain a strong, active Commuter Club
- Join us for Commuter Appreciation Days at the beginning of each month.
- Hang out in the Commuter Lounge by the Hub in the Batten Center.
- Need a place to store your lunch? Use the kitchenette on the second floor of the Batten Center.
- Store your stuff in the Batten Center student locker rooms (available for short-term or daily use only) or request an assigned locker in Birdsong Hall (from Student Affairs)
- Obtain a key card from Campus Security for after-hours access to resources such as the 24-hour study lounge in the library
- See Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) routes for Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
- Learn more about the Adult Studies Program.
View the campus map with parking lots.