The Marlin Transit Authority provides local transportation runs for students to the Norfolk International Airport, Norfolk Greyhound Bus Station, Norfolk Amtrak Bus Depot and the Norfolk Amtrak Train Station. Requests for local transportation runs to the destinations mentioned above should be made at least one week in advance via the Transportation Request Form (please insert link to form). Requests made outside of this time frame will not be accommodated. Additionally, individual requests will not be accepted during school breaks and holidays which include: Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, Fall Exam Week, Winter Break, Winter Session, Spring Break, Spring Exam Week, Summer Break. During these times, students should refer to the Breaks and Holidays transportation run options.
Local transportation options will also be available during school breaks and holidays following the schedule listed below. In order to utilize the MTA during school breaks and holidays please be sure to schedule your arrival and departure based on the transportation options listed below. Due to the influx of transportation requests received during school breaks and holidays we cannot offer individual transportation times. Due to insurance regulations only NINE seats will be available for each offered transportation run. To secure our seat please fill out the Break and Holiday Request Form: (insert link to Break and Holiday Request Form here).
Marlin Transit Authority
School Break and Holidays Shuttle Operating Times
- Wednesday, October 12th : 12 pm, 4 pm & 8 pm
- Thursday, October 13th: 10 am, 12 pm, 4 pm & 8pm
- Sunday, October 16th : 1 pm, 4 pm, 7 pm, 10 pm
- Monday, November 21st : 10 am, 12 pm, 4 pm & 8 pm
- Tuesday, November 22nd :, 10 am, 12 pm, 4 pm & 8 pm
- Sunday, November 27th : 1 pm, 4 pm, 7 pm, 10 pm
- Wednesday, December 14th : 10 am, 12 pm & 4 pm
- Thursday, December 15th : 10 am, 12 pm & 4 pm
- Friday, December 16th : 10 am, 12 pm & 4 pm
- January 2nd : 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
- January 3rd : 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
- January 28th : 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
- January 29th : 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
- Thursday, March 17th: 7 am, 10 am, 12 pm, 4 pm & 8 pm
- Friday, March 18th: 7 am, 10 am, 12 pm, 4 pm
- Sunday, March 27th: 1pm, 4 pm, 7 pm & 10 pm
Virginia Wesleyan College does not allow the use or transport of controlled substance, alcohol or tobacco products in its vehicles. Virginia Wesleyan reserves the right to refuse transport to any individual for violation of College policies. You understand that utilizing this shuttle service is at your own risk. You will not hold Virginia Wesleyan College liable for any accident or injury you may sustain from using this transportation method.