Career Preparation Sessions
Would your campus group, club, organization or residence hall like to have a career preparation or business and social etiquette seminar conducted for one of its special events?
Contact the Career Services Center for information about scheduling a career event for your group. Topics covered can be selected to meet your specific needs. A few suggestions are:
- Discovering your type and assessing your interests
- Job Search 101
- Resume Writing Tips
- Polishing up your interviewing skills
- Etiquette seminar - "Putting your Best Fork Forward"
- And many others!
Some things covered in the Etiquette seminar are . . .
- Appropriate office and/or business meal behavior and manners
- How to choose suitable attire for various business functions
- How to disagree without being disagreeable
- How to handle embarrassing situations graciously
- Manners in meetings
- Cell phone etiquette
- What is appropriate material to have on your personal web page or Facebook?
(What would a potential employer find if they "Googled" your name?... and they do!)
- E-mail manners
- Why good eye contact is so important
- And much more!
A handy pocket-sized etiquette guide will be complimentary to each participant.