Employer On-Campus Visitation Program
Employers desiring to visit the campus for recruitment purposes, may choose from three options:
1) an informal Company Information Table in the Batten Student Center
2) make a Company Presentation in a reserved room
3) conduct on-campus Interviews on either an "open" or "pre-select" basis.
For complete instructions, see our "Employer On-campus Visitation Program" reservation form. There is a $50 fee for options one and two. The fee covers table or room reservation, the printing and posting of 25 fliers throughout the campus, posting the visit online on our campus Events Page and in our weekly career newsletter, and notification to appropriate student & faculty departments. Once you have completed your On-campus Visitation Program reservation form, please fax it to 757.233.8748.
Make your plans NOW and reserve your recruitment date.
Employers may conduct on-campus interviews through either the pre-selection or open appointment scheduling method. E-mail Career Services with your preferred date and time-frame, and complete an On-Campus Visitation Program reservation form. (There is no fee for on-campus interviewing.) Fax your request to 757.233.8748.
How to Post Your Non-OCR Jobs
(*”Non On-Campus Recruiting” job postings are those which will not be interviewed at VWC.)
- If you don’t already have a Marlin Careers account, go to https://vwc-csm.symplicity. com/ employers. Under “Register for a New Account” click on “Register.”
- Log into your Marlin Careers account at https://vwc-csm.symplicity.com/employers/
- From the home page click on the Quick Link – Create Non-OCR Job Posting toward the bottom of the list OR you can click on the Jobs menu across the top and then on the Register and Post a Job for VWC Students (FREE – No Fee applied). If you have accounts with multiple schools and want to post one job to multiple schools, you can do so by clicking on the Quick Link: Create NACElink job postings but keep in mind that NACElink does charge for this. Virginia Wesleyan does not charge employers to post on the Marlin Careers site.
- Complete the New Job form. Some of the fields include:
- Job Description: Please provide as much information as possible.
- Resume Submission: You can choose how you want to receive submitted resumes:
- Email: Resumes will be emailed to you as they are submitted
- Online: Log into your Marlin Careers account, click on the jobs menu, then Student Resumes tab to see applicants’ resumes.
- Start Date: Choose the date you’d like your job posting to become available to applicants.
- Expiration Date: The date your posting will no longer be available.
- Position Type: Choose on from Full-time employment or Internship.
- Grad Start Date: Select the earliest graduation date you will consider.
- Grade End Date: Select the latest graduation date you will consider.
- Work Authorization: Select work authorization(s) your organization is allowed to consider. (Hold Ctrl key to make multiple selections)
- Desired Majors: Choose all majors you are interested in interviewing
- Click the Submit button when your posting is ready.
Note: Your job will be PENDING until we approve it. When it has been approved, you will see a green check mark beside the job in the Approved column. You’ll also get an email confirmation. Our office will choose an appropriate expiration date for each job. Please contact us if you need to change the deadline.
Reference: Information and format used in this document were adapted from Auburn University’s
Career Development Series and Georgia Institute of Technology’s CareerBuzz.