The Career Services Center offers individual counseling to help you make career decisions, choose a major, and develop and implement career plans for your future. You will be scheduled to meet with the career counselor who specializes in serving your particular major. Working with a career counselor in your area of interest ensures that you gain the most pertinent information for your needs and interests. The career counselor will help you to:
- Evaluate your interests and skills.
- Choose your major.
- Review what you have accomplished and enjoy.
- Translate your liberal arts education into job skills sought by employers.
- Locate essential information related to your career field(s) of interest.
- Evaluate opportunities for gaining experience.
- Develop practical strategies to achieve your goals.
Counseling appointments may be scheduled by calling 757.455.3337 or e-mailing Career_services@vwc.edu .
PLEASE...If you are unable to keep your appointment or find that you are running late, call 757.455.3337 as soon as possible to inform your counselor. It is the policy of the Career Services Center that if a student or alum fails to show for a scheduled appointment without giving notice, to reschedule they must speak directly to the counselor with whom the appointment had been made.
Drop-in visits are available during regular office hours on an as-available basis to gain “quick question” assistance with your resume, cover letter, or other career-related needs.