Career Development & Internships
"OK, I'm at Virginia Wesleyan, but what should I do now?"
Career Services can help you answer that question.
The Career Services Center staff offers:
- counseling services to help you find the right major and gain the most benefit from your Virginia Wesleyan liberal arts education through externships, internships and appropriate part-time/seasonal employment
- assistance in preparing for an effective job search or graduate school application
- employer on-campus visitation and recruitment events.
About Career Services
The Mission of the Career Services Center is to engage and assist Virginia Wesleyan students and graduates in developing meaningful career plans and learning effective job search skills.
Counseling and training are provided to--
- help you identify your personal strengths and interests
- explore and gain first-hand exposure to career fields
- develop the ability and confidence to market yourself in a job search
- participate in opportunities for positively presenting your qualifications to employers
Where Do I Go From Here?
Make use of self-assessment tools such as FOCUS-2, mock interviews, a variety of career workshops, and individual counseling. Receive guidance as you take the important next step in your life and career. If you are heading for graduate school, we can assist you with your graduate school application process and direct you toward scholarship and financial aid resources.
Be sure to take advantage of our association with the VFIC (Virginia Federation of Independent Colleges) schools' Career 15 program. Once you create your own Career 15 account, you can access it anytime to see the latest job postings, join in on conversations with human resource professionals, post your resume for registered Career 15 employers to review, and more.
Let us help you find the answers you need to get where you want to go. We can even help you to decide exactly where that is.