Choosing a Major
The Career Services Center is not just for seniors looking for a job!
We can serve you as early as your freshman year. If you are still deciding on your major, or if you are considering changing your current one, the Career Services staff can assist you in your search for the major that is best suited to you.
To begin, visit FOCUS-2:
- This online, interactive program is designed to help you select theright college major for you. (Contact the CSC for the FOCUS-2 Access Code)
- Evaluate your interests and talents
- Discover areas of interest you may not have thought about before
- Review what you have accomplished and what you enjoy
- Look at the different aspects of your life that make you the person you are today.
- Schedule a counseling appointment with your Career Counselor to go over the results of your FOCUS-2 assessment. Call 757.455.3337 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
Research a Variety of Career Fields:
- View short video (1-2 minutes) about 129 different occupations.
What Can I Do With a Major In ... ?
- Explore an assortment of career fields that you can enter with your major!
- Examine listings of majors and the careers that may be obtainable with them:
- O*NET OnLine - your tool for career exploration and job analysis
- Links to sites dealing with career choices after graduation.
Need some help?
- To declare your major, minor, or academic advisor, go to Student Forms.
- For a list of what majors are available at Virginia Wesleyan, see Departments & Programs.
- Attend a "Choosing Your Major" workshop.
Visit our Events page or call the Career Services Center (757.455.3337) for an up-to-date schedule.