Laura W. Bush Traveling Fellowship
More about the Fellowship
During his/her travel, the recipient should be willing to participate in public diplomacy events arranged with the pertinent U.S. State Department Consulate, Mission, and/or Embassy. Following the travel, the recipient agrees to submit a report describing experiences and analyzing objectives; share his/her experiences with others; and be available to make a presentation at the Annual Meeting of the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO. In 2008, the average award was $2,500.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen eligible for foreign travel
- Must be at least 18 and not older than 25 at the time of application
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university
All material must be submitted electronically to the U.S. National Commission for UNESCO Executive Secretariat by the posted deadline (see the fellowship website for official dates).
- Completed Application form
- One page summary of project, including items that help provide a concise, clear understanding of proposal, such as:
- Budget, funding and plan for supplementary funding should it be needed to complete objectives
- Methodology for monitoring/evaluating success
- Action plan/ideas for follow-on activities, public diplomacy
- Any relevant resources or photos
- Essay (up to 500 words, double spaced) stating interest in being considered for the award
- Current resumé
- One page letter of recommendation