Tax Information

Tax Links

Rights and Responsibilities

Any F-1 students studying in the U.S. are required to file documentation with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) whether or not they have been working during the previous academic year. For example, a student who did not work during the 2000-2001 academic year must still file documentation with the IRS in April 2002. The U.S. Tax Guide for Aliens is the official IRS documentation about your tax status.

Please inquire about your rights and responsibilities as an F-1 student pertaining to regulations with the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Services and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service by contacting the Office of International and Intercultural Programs.

Website Comments/Feedback

© 2016 Virginia Wesleyan College