Marlin Athletic Club
Why give to the Marlin Athletic Club (MAC)?
What is the Marlin Athletic Club (MAC)?
The Marlin Athletic Club is the foundation for the Virginia Wesleyan College athletic department. Our objective is to be a nationally competitive athletic program that distinguishes itself and the College through the quality of student-athletes we attract and graduate.
As a member of the Old Dominion Athletic Association (ODAC) and contenders at the Division III level of the NCAA, we recognize our athletes our students first and must remain in good standing academically. Athletics develop teamwork, respect, spirit, and ingenuity. VWC’s athletic department gives students opportunities to participate in activities that open their minds and strengthen their abilities both on the playing field and in the classroom.
How can your gift help?
A successful athletics program must include modern facilities, which help to attract the best student-athletes, enhance spectator enjoyment, and increase corporate sponsorship. Your support as a member of the Marlin Athletic Club (MAC) will help maintain our winning tradition and enhance the holistic development of our student-athletes.
Your support will provide the following:
- Promote the continuation of a competitive and successful athletic program built on a solid academic foundation
- Provide direct support to VWC’s baseball, basketball, cross country, field hockey, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field and volleyball programs
- Promote attendance at athletic events
- Identify, develop and cultivate corporate sponsorship.
- Host events at home games
- Provide safe and reliable team travel
- Improve athletic facilities and provide equipment to support Virginia Wesleyan’s 19 intercollegiate teams
Marlin Athletic Club Member Benefits