Engineering Dual-Degree Program
VWC Requirements for Participation in the Dual-degree Engineering Program
- The student's VWC gpa must be at least 3.0, both overall and in mathematics and physics courses, to be eligible for the program.
- The student will have declared a Bachelor of Science major in Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth and Environmental Science, or Mathematics.
- The student will have successfully (C or higher) completed the following VWC courses before taking engineering courses at ODU. (AP credit can substitute for VWC courses where appropriate.)
- Math 172 Calculus II (and prerequisites)
- Math 217 Linear Algebra
- Math 273 Multivariable Calculus
- Math 274 Differential Equations
- Math 210 or Math 310 (one statistics course)
- CS 112 Programming I (Java, C++)
- PHY 221 Physics I
- PHY 222 Physics II
- CHEM 120 Introductory Chemistry
- CHEM 200 Inorganic Chemistry
- Carefully planning is absolutely necessary to complete the requirements within 5 years. The student should meet with VWC Pre-engineering advisor each semester.