Why should I be active in the Alumni Association?
Reconnect. Our annual Alumni Association events are great times to reconnect with old classmates and your favorite professors. Alumni receive discounted admission to events such as the Annual Alumni Homecoming Tailgate, Wesleyan Wednesday, Class and Club Reunions, athletic games, and campus activities.
Branch out. All Alumni are given unique opportunities to network with fellow alumni in their profession and in their communities. The Office of VWC Career Services offers complimentary resume reviews, interview workshops, and one-on-one appointments with career counselors to our Alumni, helping you make the most of your networking.
Pay it forward.The Alumni Association gives annually to the Alumni Association Legacy Endowed Scholarship. This scholarship provides financial assistance to children of our fellow alumni who want to follow their parent's footsteps by attending Virginia Wesleyan. As a member, you will help continue the Virginia Wesleyan legacy.
Members of the Alumni Association receive the following benefits:
- Batten Fitness Center membership eligibility (paid to the Batten Center)
- 10% discount on VWC items in the Scribner Bookstore on campus
- Free admission to all home VWC Athletic Events
- Discounts on hotels, restaurants, and vendors
- Free Career Counseling services, including resume reviews, interview workshops, and one-on-one meetings
- Use of Hofheimer Library and its services
Lifetime Members receive the additional benefit of free education.
Our lifetime members are eligible to audit one Adult Studies course per semester for free, based on course availability. Please note these courses may only be audited and may not be used for college credit.