Yellow Ribbon Program
The Post-9/11 GI Bill will pay you:
- All resident tuition & fees for a public school
- The higher of the actual tuition & fees or $19,198.31 per academic year for a private school
Your actual tuition & fees costs at VWC will exceed the maximum Post 9-11 G.I. Bill amounts. We are an active participant for the Yellow Ribbon Program, and will honor the benefits for those eligible at 100%. We will also be applying to continue our participation in the 2013-2014 Yellow Ribbon Program. Through the Yellow Ribbon Program, the school and the VA will match the amounts remaining for tuition and fees that exceed the academic year cap. The VA will issue payment directly to the institution.
Only veterans enrolled in the Post 9-11 G.I. Bill, entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty service members and their spouses are not eligible for this program (child transferees of active duty service members may be eligible if the service member is qualified at the 100% rate).
Therefore, you may be eligible if:
- You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 90 days;
- You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
- You are a dependent eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.