Renewing Federal and VWC Grants For The Following Year

Continuation of federal funding requires completion of the FAFSA each academic year beginning January 1st (priority awarding deadline is March 1st). Students must continue to show demonstrated need to continue receiving those funds deemed "need-based." VWC need-based grants and most federal financial aid require full-time enrollment (12 credit hours) during a semester in order to maintain aid eligibility.

Continuation of state funding requires the student and student's parent, if applicable, to maintain domiciliary residency. In most cases, this means the student and parent must continue to reside and pay taxes to the state of Virginia. Students are required to notify the Financial Aid Office if a change in residency has occurred.

In addition, all continuing students must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) towards their degree to be considered for financial assistance. Financial assistance includes Pell Grants, Supplemental Grants, Federal Work- Study, Perkins Loans, Direct Stafford Loans, and Direct PLUS Loans. It also includes institutional funds such as VWC Scholarships, need-based grants, Christian Service cancelable loans, etc.

Maintaining Your VWC Scholarship

Enrollment Status Chart
FULL-TIME 12 or more hours
HALF-TIME 6-8 hours