Financial Aid Office
1584 Wesleyan Dr.
Norfolk, VA 23502
School Code: 003767
Applying for Financial Aid
You must apply for financial aid each academic year.
To be considered for financial aid, all students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The FAFSA can be completed anytime after January 1.
VWC gives first preference to applicants who meet our March 1 priority deadline.
- As soon after January 1, as possible, obtain a FAFSA and complete it.
VWC's priority deadline is March 1.
- Include VWC school code (003767) to ensure we receive the results.
- Respond promptly to all requests for information or documents.. Failure to do so could result in delays, reductions, and/or cancellations of financial aid.
- Award notices are sent to students. Freshmen receive award notifications in time to make informed decisions concerning school choices.
- Sign the award notification and return one copy to the our office as soon as possible. Grant funding is very limited, and students who fail to return award letters in a timely fashion may lose grant funds.
- Portions of tuition, fees, and room and board covered by qualified forms of financial aid are used as a credit towards tuition. However, you must pay the difference between financial aid and your bill by the appropriate deadline to avoid late fees and canceled classes.
- For students who have returned award letters and completed all necessary paperwork, loan funds are credited to accounts during the second week of classes. Grant funds are credited to accounts as soon as possible following the completion of the first week of classes.
Summer Financial Aid
Awarding for summer financial aid is not automatic. Please see eligibility and requirements for summer awarding below.
Summer financial aid awarding starts in April and you must enroll for at least 6 credit hours to qualify for Stafford Loan eligibility with a valid FAFSA on file. Most students attending part-time or who have changed a grade level (freshmen to sophomore or sophomore to junior levels only) may have remaining financial aid eligibility. If you are interested in summer awarding please let us know the total number of credit hours you are enrolled in by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. If you do not meet the criteria for remaining eligibility you may qualify for alternative loan financing.