Application Requirements and Deadlines
College entrance tests
For entering freshmen, Virginia Wesleyan requires either the SAT 1 or ACT scores. Although we do not require more than one SAT or ACT score, we do take the highest individual Verbal and Math scores from all of the tests taken. When considering your options, be sure to have your test scores forwarded to Virginia Wesleyan. Our CEEB code is 5867. Please note that as of October 8, 2011, the College will offer test optional admission to prospective freshmen who present a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale and who have taken a strong, college preparatory curriculum in high school.
Average incoming freshman profile
The average GPA for our incoming freshmen is 3.2 and the average SAT score is 1000.
Dates you should know
Virginia Wesleyan considers applications on a rolling admissions basis. That means the sooner you apply, the sooner we can notify you of our decision. Usually, we can let you know within two weeks after we receive your completed application and supporting documents. While there is no specific deadline for admission, we encourage you to follow the dates below for certain considerations:
- Dec. 10: Early Action deadline for fall freshman applicants
- Jan. 1: Priority deadline for Wesleyan Scholarship consideration
- Jan. 1: Priority deadline for spring freshman applicants
- March 1: Priority deadline for fall freshmen applications.
Applications considered after that date on a space availability basis.
- May 1: National Association of Collegiate Admissions Counselors commitment date