EVMS Joint Program in Medicine
Through the creation of the Joint Program in Medicine, talented, qualified students at Virginia Wesleyan College may apply for admission to Eastern Virginia Medical School during the fall semester of their sophomore year. Individuals selected for admission are expected to complete a challenging academic program at VWC and to obtain substantive exposure to the field of medicine as an undergraduate. Upon completion of a four-year bachelor's degree at VWC, students in this program are guaranteed admission to Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- SAT score: must have a minimal score of 1250 to be considered for admission, with a score of at least 600 on both the critical reading and mathematics sections.
- High school class rank: must rank in the top 10% of high school class.
- Grade Point Average: must have overall G.P.A. in high school of at least 3.50.
- Student must have completed at least 24 credit hours during the freshmen year at Virginia Wesleyan College and have a G.P.A. of 3.50 or higher.
Applying to the Program
- Prospective students submit a letter of application to the VWC Preprofessional Committee during the fall semester of the sophomore year.
- A limited number (1-2) of students are selected each year by the VWC Preprofessional Committee and the EVMS Admissions Committee.