Virginia Wesleyan College
1584 Wesleyan Drive
Norfolk , VA 23502
M - Th
8:30 a.m.- 8:30 p.m.
8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Career Development & Internship Program
"OK, I'm at Virginia Wesleyan, but what should I do now?"
Our Career Development & Internship Program helps you to answer that question.
- counseling services to help you find the right major and gain the most benefit from your Virginia Wesleyan liberal arts education through externships, internships and appropriate part-time/seasonal employment
- assistance in preparing for an effective job search or graduate school application
- employer on-campus visitation and recruitment events.
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Pathway to professional success …
|Get on Board||Map a Route||Explore New Worlds||Set Sail|
Our Mission is to engage and assist Virginia Wesleyan students and graduates in developing meaningful career plans and learning effective job search skills.
Counseling and training are provided to:
- help you identify your personal strengths and interests
- explore and gain first-hand exposure to career fields
- develop the ability and confidence to market yourself in a job search
- participate in opportunities for positively presenting your qualifications to employers
"We can teach [employees] what they need to run a machine or develop a marketing plan … What is killing us is having to teach them to read, compute … and to think."
Louis Gerstner, former Chairman & CEO of IBM Corporation (1996). Quoted in Education Week (1997)