Final Grading Instructions – Fall 2014
Exam dates (grades due 48 hours after each exam)
- Day Program: December 8, 9, 10, 11
- Evening and Weekend Classes: December 5 - 11
All grades are due within 48 hours after each exam. Remember that grades for potential graduates (coded BROWN for December, GREEN for May and YELLOW for August) may be released to the Registrar's Office separately from the grades for non-graduates. The earlier we receive grades for graduates, the more time we have to resolve problems.
"C-" Reports are due by Monday, December 15. (These are necessary for the Committee on Academic Standing.)
- Log in to WebAdvisor, click on "Final Grade Roster", continue past the term screen, and select the class roster desired. Please remember rosters with only one or two students e.g. tutorials, guided studies, etc.
- Every student on your final rosters must receive a grade from the drop-down box within the 48-hour period! No blanks, please!
- Withdrawal grades (W, WF) are only allowed when the student has officially dropped the course or withdrawn from VWC. Students who dropped or withdrew after August 29, but no later than November 7, will be assigned a grade of "W”. Drops and withdrawals beginning November 8 automatically receive a "WF." Withdrawal grades which you have previously submitted are already encoded on the roster.
- The grades indicated in the pull-down grade box on the roster fit the student and the type of registration--traditional, pass/fail, or audit grading. The choice of grades for students in pass/fail courses are "S" and "U" whereas audit students can only receive a "Z" (successful audit) or "UZ" (unsuccessful audit). An "H" is also available in the pull-down grade box for students completing an honors course with work of exceptional quality.
- The "C-" forms (to be completed for all students who receive a final grade of C- or lower) can be completed online at the same time grades are entered or at a later time, but no later than December 15. This information is an important item used by the Committee on Academic Standing. To avoid confusion, I recommend recording and releasing the final grades to the Registrar's Office first and then returning to complete any "C-" forms necessary as each of the "C-" forms has its own submit button which is separate from the grading function.
- After grades are released to the Registrar's Office, you will receive an e-mail confirmation for your records containing the names and grades submitted for each class. Remember, partial rosters with grades can be submitted early if desired as long as all grades are submitted by the deadline. This is especially convenient if you have graduates or a large class.
- Grade changes/corrections cannot be made on WebAdvisor but will be accepted through e-mail only to email@example.com from your VWC e-mail account until midnight, December 14. Later grade changes/corrections must be approved by Associate Dean Hicks, (on paper, the old way). The Grade Change form is available in both the Registrar's Office and the Academic Dean's Office.
- Incomplete ("I") grade changes for the summer sessions must be submitted on the "Term Incomplete Roster" on your WebAdvisor menu no later than Friday, December 5. (An earlier deadline may be imposed at your discretion.) Student work should be required in ample time to allow you to submit a final grade by December 5 at the latest. It is recommended that grades of "I" be given only after consultation with the student and not as a substitute for a failing grade.
Please contact the Registrar's Office if you have questions.