You are encouraged to keep notes on your advisees on line. This allows your notes to flow effortlessly and immediately from one adviser to another when a student submits a Change of Adviser form to the Office of the Registrar. It also insures that important notes will not be lost or discarded by accident as sometimes happens with paper notes.
Instructions for adding notes or viewing previous adviser notes:
- Log on to WebAdvisor and click on your "Advisee Roster-Quick Listing"
- Click on "radio" button to left of advisee's name
- Click on "Submit" button at bottom of page
- Find "Advisor Notes" in the yellow bar at the top of the student page
- At this point, you can either add a new note or view all previously written notes
These notes are seen only by the current adviser(s). Students will not see the notes unless an adviser chooses to show them.
The Office of the Registrar will continue to notify you by e-mail as usual when a student changes advisers. As a new adviser, you may contact the previous adviser if a transfer of an existing paper folder is desired.
The one and only official academic folder for each student is kept in the Office of the Registrar. This folder begins life in the Admissions Office when a student applies to VWC and then makes a permanent move to the Office of the Registrar during the second or third week of the semester.