This is a partial list of recent faculty publications, exhibitions and performances.
Dr. Robert B. Albertson
- Albertson, Robert. Images of America: Portsmouth, VA. Charleston: Arcadia Press of Charleston, 2002.
Dr. Soraya M. Bartol
- Gordon, M.S. and S. M. Bartol, eds. 2004. Experimental Approaches to Conservation Biology. University of California Press, Berkley.
- Bartol, S.M., R.L Mellgren and J.A. Musick. 2003. Visual Acuity of Juvenile Loggerhead Sea Turtles (Caretta caretta): A Behavioral Approach. International Journal of Comparative Psychology 16:143-155.
- Bartol, S.M., J.A. Musick and A.L. Ochs. 2002. Visual Acuity Thresholds of Juvenile Loggerhead Sea turtles (Caretta caretta): An Electrophysiological Approach. Journal of Comparative Physiology A: Neuroethology, Sensory, Neural, and Behavioral Physiology 187:953-960.
Dr. Connie A. Bellamy
- Bellamy, Connie and Joe David Bellamy, eds. Lost Saranac Interviews: Forgotten Conversations with Famous Writers. Cincinnati: Writers' Digest Books, 2007.
Dr. Richard E. Bond
- From Jamestown to Jefferson: The Evolution of Religious Freedom in Virginia, Paul Rasor and Richard E. Bond, eds. Charlottesville: University of Virginia Press, 2011
- “Piratical Americans: Representations of Piracy and Authority in mid-Twentieth-Century Swashbucklers,” Journal of American Culture 33:4 (December 2010): 309-21
- Bond, Richard. "Shaping a Conspiracy: Black Testimony in the 1741 New York Plot," Early American Studies 5.1 (Spring 2007): 63-94.
- Bond, Richard and Pillahersti Sudhir, eds. Perspectives of Life after a History Ph.D.. Washington, D.C.: American Historical Association, 2006.
Dr. Karen A. Bosch
- Bosch, Karen. The First Year Teacher: Planning A Classroom That Works. Washington DC: NEA Professional Library, 2010.
- Bosch, Karen. "Leadership and Classroom Management for Teachers and Administrators." The Common Wealth in Education Conference, March 30-31, 2007.
- Bosch, Karen. Planning Classroom Management. Thousand Oaks: Corwin Press, 2006
Dr. Thomas F. Brown
Publications going into print this year include:
- 2012. Terrorist Financing. In Margaret Beare & Geoffry Golson (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Transnational Crime and Justice. Sage Reference (in press).
- 2012. Procunier vs. Martinez. In Wilbur Miller (Ed.), Social History of Crime & Punishment. Sage Reference.
- 2012. Thomas Dewey. In Wilbur Miller (Ed.), Social History of Crime & Punishment. Sage Reference.
- 2012. Johnson v. Avery. In Wilbur Miller (Ed.), Social History of Crime & Punishment. Sage Reference.
- 2012. Taylor v. State of Mississippi. In Wilbur Miller (Ed.) Social History of Crime & Punishment. Sage Reference.
- 2012. National Police Gazette. In Wilbur Miller (Ed.) Social History of Crime & Punishment. Sage Reference.
- 2012. Whitney v. California. In Wilbur Miller (Ed.) Social History of Crime & Punishment. Sage Reference.
Benjamin D. Dobrin, Ph.D
- Dobrin, Ben. "Alzheimer's Disease and Search and Rescue." Cortical Connections, Vol. 6:4, Fall, 2006.
Dr. Clayton J. Drees
- Drees, Clayton. The Late Medieval Age of Crisis and Renewal: 1300-1500: A Biographical Dictionary. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2001.
Steven M. Emmanuel, Ph.D.
- Books:A Companion to Buddhist Philosophy (Wiley-Blackwell)Modern Philosophy: An Anthology (Blackwell, 2002)The Modern Philosophers: From Descartes to Nietzsche (Blackwell, 2001)Kierkegaard and the Concept of Revelation (SUNY Press, 1996)Forthcoming Books:Contributing Co-Editor, Kierkegaard’s Concepts, 4 volumes. Published as part of the seriesKierkegaard Research: Sources, Reception and Resources (Ashgate Press)Selected Articles:“Buddhism: Contemporary Expressions,” a chapter-length essay on socially engaged Buddhismin The Blackwell Companion to Religion and Social Justice (forthcoming)“Philosophy,” in the Dictionary of Existentialism (Greenwood, 1999)“Kierkegaard,” in the Encyclopedia of Philosophy Supplement (MacMillan, 1997)“Reading Kierkegaard,” Philosophy Today 36 (1992): 240-255“Kierkegaard on Knowledge and Faith,” Kierkegaardiana 15 (1992): 136-146“Kierkegaard’s Pragmatist Faith,” Philosophy & Phenomenological Research (1991): 279-302“Kierkegaard on Doctrine,” Religious Studies 25 (1989): 363-378Major Review Essays:“Recent Literature on Kierkegaard,” Religious Studies Review 20 (1994): 286-291Anthologized Articles:“Reading Kierkegaard,” in Søren Kierkegaard: Critical Assessments of Leading Philosophers,ed. Daniel W. Conway (Routledge, 2002)“Interpreting Kierkegaard,” in Sex, Love, and Friendship, edited by Alan Soble andBarbara Kirshner (Amsterdam and Atlanta: Rodopi, 1997)“Kierkegaard on Doctrine” was translated for inclusion in a Japanese anthology entitledKierkegaard, edited by Kinya Masugata (Kyoto: Showado Co., Ltd., 1993)Videography:“Making Peace with Viet Nam” (2008). Documentary, color/87 minutes.Awards & Recognitions:Best Long Documentary, Beijing International Film Festival (2009)Audience Award, Red Rock Film Festival (2009)Merit Award, The Buddhist Film Festival, Sri Lanka (2009)Official Selection: East Carolina Film Festival (2009)National broadcast on Viet Nam Television (April 2009)Official Selection: NEWFILMMAKERS NY (April 2010)“Religion Serving Humanity” (2010). Short, color/3 minutesProduced for the Pluralism Project at Harvard University“The Monks of Pungo” (2012). Documentary, color/50 minutes.Part one of a 3-part series entitled “Living in the Pure Land.” The film documents the challenges experienced by a group of Vietnamese Pure Land Buddhists as they attempt to establish a temple in a rural Virginiacommunity.Currently in Production:“Living in the Pure Land,” parts 2 and 3.“Finding the Still Point” looks at the history and practice of “mindfulness meditation” and itsgrowing popularity and influence in contemporary Western society. The film also explores theneuroscience of meditation practice and its implications for research in health and education.
Ms. Susan J. Erickson
- Customer Service and the First Year Student by Sue Erickson and Celia Walker, Tennessee Libraries, 59:1.
Mr. Thomas R. Farley
Songsmyth Album (1982)
The Calm Before the Storm CD (1990)
Student Assistant for U.S. History Software (1994)
U.S. History Primary Documents Collection (1994)
Laser Director Educational Software (1996)
EasyIEP Special Education Internet Database Software (1998)
Songsmyth and the Basement Cuts CD (2000)
Over the Falls CD (2006)
High Energy Acoustics: The Tom Farley Collection (2007)
Dr. Hilve D. Firek
Firek, H. (Winter 2012). How technology is changing the reading and thinking practices of our students: Implications for the English classroom. Virginia English Bulletin.
Firek, H. (Fall 2011). Technology and the reading habits of our students: Implications for the English classroom. Wisconsin English Journal.
Firek, H. (Winter/Spring 2009). We’re all in this together: E-mentoring and student teachers. Statement: The Journal of the Colorado Language Arts Society. (Reprinted with permission from ELQ, October 2004).
Firek, H. (May/June 2006). Creative writing in the social studies classroom: Promoting literacy and content learning. Social Education.
Firek, H. (Spring 2006). Using technology to win the hearts and minds of our students. Illinois English Bulletin.
Cheney, M. and Firek, H. (2005, January). Read and Understand Poetry, Grades 2-3. Evan-Moor.
Firek, H. (2004, October). We’re all in this together: E-mentoring and student teachers. English Leadership Quarterly.
Cheney, M. and Firek, H. (2004). Basic Phonics Skills, Level D. Evan-Moor.
Firek, H. (2003). Ten easy ways to use technology in the English classroom. Heinemann.
Firek, H. (2003, April). One order of ed tech coming up…. You want fries with that? Phi Delta Kappan.
Firek, H. (2002, Fall). Technology and the English teacher: Friend or foe? WILLA.
Cheney, M. and Firek, H. (2002) Readers’ Theater, Grade 4. Evan-Moor.
Gretes, J.A., Firek, H., and Nason, P. (1997) Undergraduate teacher education student perceptions of computer competence as a predictor of actual performance. In ICTE Inc. Proceedings of the 1997 14th Annual International Conference on Technology and Education, Oslo, Norway, (Vol II, pp. 532–534).
Firek, H. (1997). Technology in the language arts classroom. Elements of Writing, Annotated Teacher’s Editions. Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
Firek, H. (1997, Winter). By fifth bell, there were no Nazis. Inquiry in Social Studies: Curriculum, Research, and Instruction.
Purcell, S. and Firek, H. (1995, Spring). The Internet and the English teacher: A match made in cyber-heaven. Virginia English Bulletin.
Firek, H., Morgan, R. and Wolfe, D. (1995, Spring). The viewer, the video, and the poem. Arizona English Bulletin.
Rita E. Frank, Ph.D.
- Frank, Rita, "Review of Understanding Creativity," Virginia Psychologist, 48, 2004.
Dr. Alain Gabon
“Subway”. New Directory of World Cinema. Volume: France. Edited by Tim Palmer and Charlie Michael. Intellect Press/University of Chicago Press, March 2013.
“La Femme Nikita”. New Directory of World Cinema. Volume: France. Edited by Tim Palmer and Charlie Michael. Intellect Press/University of Chicago Press, March 2013.
“The Transformation of French Identity in Mathieu Kassovitz’ films Métisse and La Haine.” Transnational Spaces and Identities in the Francophone World. Edited by David Troyansky, Patricia Lorcin, and Hafid Gafaiti. University of Nebraska Press, 2009: 115-146.
Mr. David G. Garraty
"The Economic Impact of the Atlantic Intra-coastal Waterway: A Literature Review" published in the Virginia Economic Journal, 2001.
"The Hampton Roads Economic Performance Index Monthly" via news releases, 1991-2000, reported in the Virginian Pilot and the Daily Press.
Mr. Philip Guilfoyle, M.F.A.
- Guilfoyle, Phil. "What's That? Thinking in 3D" Tri-State Sculptors Members Exhibition, Piedmont Arts Association, Martinsville, VA. September/October 2006. (Cataloged Exhibition).
- Guilfoyle, Phil. "In Miniature" invitational exhibition, Charles H. Taylor Art Center, Hampton, VA. September/October 2006.
Dr. Benjamin S. Haller
Haller, Benjamin S. (forthcoming). 2013. “Duplicitous Dolios: Alternative Narratives of Odysseus’ Nostos in Odyssey 4 and 24." Transactions of the American Philological Association 134.2
Haller, Benjamin S. (forthcoming). “Exoteric Edens and Esoteric Classicism: Francis Daniel Pastorius and Augustan Poetry.” Classical World.
Haller, Benjamin S. (forthcoming). 2013. “Homeric Parody, the Isle of the Blessed, and the Nature of Paideia in Lucian's Verae Historiae.” In Reception: Transactions of the International Conference on the Ancient Novel In Lisbon, Portugal, July 2008.
Haller, Benjamin S. 2011. "Doulichion." In Blackwell Homer Encyclopedia, ed. Margalit Finkelberg. Oxford: Blackwell.
------. 2011. "Echinades." In Blackwell Homer Encyclopedia, ed. Margalit Finkelberg. Oxford: Blackwell.
------. 2011. "Geography." In Blackwell Homer Encyclopedia, ed. Margalit Finkelberg. Oxford: Blackwell.
------. 2011. "Ionian Islands." In Blackwell Homer Encyclopedia, ed. Margalit Finkelberg. Oxford: Blackwell.
------. 2011. "Ithaca." In Blackwell Homer Encyclopedia, ed. Margalit Finkelberg. Oxford: Blackwell.
------. 2011. "Landscape." In Blackwell Homer Encyclopedia, ed. Margalit Finkelberg. Oxford: Blackwell.
------. 2011. "Zakynthos." In Blackwell Homer Encyclopedia, ed. Margalit Finkelberg. Oxford: Blackwell.
------. 2009. "Antigone." In The Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Greece and Rome, ed. Michael Gagarin. New York: Oxford University Press.
------. 2009. "Narcissus." In The Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Greece and Rome, ed. Michael Gagaarin. New
York: Oxford University Press.
------. 2009. “Pandora.” In The Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Greece and Rome, ed. Michael Gagarin. New
York: Oxford University Press.
------. 2009 “Pygmalion.” In The Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Greece and Rome, ed. Michael Gagarin. New York: Oxford University Press.
Stephen G.B. Hock
- Hock, Stephen. "Stories Told Sideways Out of the Big Mouth': John Dos Passos's Bazinian Camera Eye." Literature/Film Quarterly 33.1 (2005): 20-27.
- Braddock, Jeremy, and Stephen Hock, eds. Directed by Allen Smithee. Minneapolis: University of Minnestoa Press, 2001.
- Braddock, Jeremy, and Stephen Hock. "The Specter of Illegitimacy in an Age of Disillusion and Crisis." Introduction. Directed by Allen Smithee 3-27.
- Hock, Stephen. "This Is Too Big for One Old Name: Hitchock and Smithee in the Signature Centrifuge." Directed by Allen Smithee 175-205.
Dr. Kellie D. Holzer
“Novel Conceptualizations of the Modern Housewife in Colonial North India,” South Asian Review Vol. 29.2 (Fall 2009).
“The Body Writes Back: Self-Possession in Mr. Meeson’s Will,” forthcoming in Nineteenth Century Gender Studies (Fall 2012).
“Lady Montagu’s Smokers’ Pastils and The Graphic: Advertising the Harem in the Home,” included in Material Possessions: The Objects and Textures of Everyday Life in Imperial Britain, eds. Janet Myers and Deirdre McMahon. Ashgate (forthcoming).
Book Reviews and Encyclopedia Articles
Review of Imperialism, Reform, and the Making of Englishness in Jane Eyre, by Sue Thomas, in Nineteenth-Century Gender Studies (Winter 2008).
Review of The Novelty of Newspapers, by Matthew Rubery, in Victorian Periodicals Review 43.3 (Fall 2010)
Review of Dickens and the Rise of Divorce: The Failed-Marriage Plot and the Novel Tradition, by Kelly Hager, in Victorian Review (Fall 2011)
Review of Law and the Brontës, by Ian Ward, in Victorian Review (forthcoming).
“Bharati Mukherjee” and “Manil Suri,” articles in South Asian Novelists in English: An A to Z Guide. Ed. Jaina Sanga. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2003.
“Indira Ganesan” and “Nayantara Sahgal,” articles in South Asian Literature in English: An Encyclopedia. Ed. Jaina Sanga. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 2004.
Joyce B. Howell, Ph.D
- “Questions that Matter: Using Inquiry-Guided Faculty Development to Create an Inquiry-Guided Learning Curriculum,” Lisa Carstens co-author, in Lee, V.S., Ed., Inquiry-guided learning. New Directions For Teaching and Learning, No.129, San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2012, 51-59.
- “Review, Photographic Memories: Private pictures, Public Images, and American History, Robert Kroes,” Journal of American Culture, v 31, #, #1, Mar. 2008
- “Eugène Delacroix’s Review of Le Dessin sans maître and the modernized discourse of drawing,” Word & Image, v. 21, no. 3, Aug.-Dec., 2005
- “Review, Encyclopedia of American Folk Art, Gerard C. Wertkin, Ed.,” Journal of American Culture, v 27, #4, Dec. 2004
- "Delacroix's Lithographs of Antique Coins," Gazette des Beaux-Arts, July-Aug. 1994, 15-24.
- "Eugène Delacroix and Color: Practice, Theory, and Legend," Athanor, II, 1982, 37-43.
Lawrence D. Hultgren, Ph.D
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, Is There An Ethicist in the House? On the Cutting Edge of Bioethics, by Jonathan D. Moreno." Metapsychology, 10.50, 2006. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, Bioethics Beyond the Headlines, by Albert R. Jonsen. Metapsychology, 10.28, 2006. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, Clinical Ethics: A Practical Approach to Ethical Decisions in Clinical Medicine, by Albert Johnsen, Mark Siegler, and William Winslade." Metapsychology, 9.46, 2005. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, What Price Better Health? Hazards of the Research Imperative, by Daniel Callahan." Metapsychology, 8.39, 2004. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review of Michael Maniates, ed., Encountering Global Environmental Politics: Teaching, Learning, and Empowering Knowledge," H-Environment, H-Net Reviews, September, 2003. http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.cgi?path=317411070964584.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, Genetic Politics: From Eugenics to Genome, by Ann Kerr and Thomas Shakespeare." Metapsychology, 7.24, 2003. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, Values in Conflict: the University, the Marketplace, and the Trials of Liberal Education by Paul Axelrod." Metapsychology, 6.47, 2002. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, Human Trials: Scientists, Investors, and Patients in the Quest for a Cure, by Susan Quinn." Metapsychology, 6.26, 2002. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, Genome: Updated Edition, by Jerry Bishop and Michael Waldholz." Metapsychology, 5.26, 2001. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, Doing Good, by Jeffrey Kottler." Metapsychology, 5.1, 2001. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, Ethics in Plain English: An Illustrative Casebook for Psychologists, by Thomas Nagy." Metapsychology, 4.42, 2000. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, The Moral Intelligence: How to Raise a Moral Child, by Robert Coles." Metapsychology, 4.26, 2000. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
- Hultgren, Larry. "Review, The Last Physician: Walker Percy and the Moral Life of Medicine, by Carl Elliott and John Lantos, eds." Metapsychology, 4.9, 2000. http://mentalhelp.net/books/.
Dr. Kathy Merlock Jackson
- Editor, regular contribution of book reviews for The Journal of American Culture.
- Regular publication of columns focusing on popular television shows or trends in broadcasting for Port Folio Weekly (8 years).
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock and Mark D. Arnold. "Baby-Boom Children and Harvey Comics After the Code: A Neighborhood of Little Girls and Boys." ImageTexT: Interdisciplinary Comics Studies. 3.3 (2007). Dept of English, University of Florida. 22 Jun. 2007. http://www.english.ufl.edu/imagetext/archives/v3_3/jackson/.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock. Foreword to Cicero, Classicism and Popular Culture by Marshall Fishwick. Binghamton, NY: Haworth, 2007.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock, ed. Walt Disney: Conversations. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2006.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock. "When Fantasy Becomes Reality: Who Wants to Be a Superhero?!" Film and History Conference Proceedings - "The Documentary Tradition." Eds. Peter C. Rollins, John E. O'Connor, and James Knecht. CD-ROM. 2006.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock and Ray Merlock. "Leaving Rosebud, Leaving the Valley: Vestiges of Childhood in Two Classic Films from 1941," The Journal of American Culture, 29.3 (2006): 296-306.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock, ed. Rituals and Patterns in Children's Lives. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 2005.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock. "Psychological First Aid: The Hallmark Company, Greeting Cards, and the Response to September 11." The Journal of American Culture 28.1 (2005): 11-28.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock. "Mickey and the Tramp: Walt Disney's Debt to Charlie Chaplin." The Journal of American Culture 26.4 (2003): 439-444.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock. "Boyhood in Film." Encyclopedia of Boyhood in American Culture, Santa Barbara, CA: ABC/CLIO, 2003.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock. "Leon Schlesinger" and "Ub Iwerks." American National Biography. Sup. 1. Eds. Paul Betz and Mark C. Carnes. New York: Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock. "The Johnstown Flood (1889): Magnates, Mill Workers, Mud, and Misery.” Ordinary Reactions to Extraordinary Events. Eds. Ray B. Browne and Art Neal. Bowling Green: Bowling Green State University Popular Press, 2001.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock. "Animation." Encyclopedia of American Studies. Eds. Kurian, George T., et al. Bethel, CT: Grolier, 2001.
- Jackson, Kathy Merlock. "From Control to Adaptation: America's Toy Story." Journal of American and Comparative Cultures 24.1/2 (2001): 139-145.
Dr. Carol V. Johnson
- Johnson, Carol V. "Latin America and Adoption." The Praeger Handbook of Adoption. 2 vols. Ed. Kathy Shepherd Stolley and Vern L. Bullough. Wesport, CT: Praeger, 2006.
Ms. Lee Jordan-Anders
- Jordan-Anders, Lee. Picture This! A Gallery of Musical Canvases Framed by Fine Artworks from the Chrysler Museum of Art, 2003.
Dr. Douglas A. Kennedy
- Kennedy, Doug, Singleton, J, and Genoe, R. "History of Recreation." In Introduction to Recreation and Leisure. Champaign: Human Kinetics Press, 2006.
Dr. Susan E. Larkin
“Mixing gender and crossing disciplines: Team teaching in Women’s Studies Classes.” With Harold E. Dorton, Jr. Academic Exchange Quarterly 16.12 (2012): Print.
“Laura Ingalls Wilder.” The Literary Encyclopedia. 23 March 2009. Web.
“Life Writing/Writing a Culture: Laura Ingalls Wilder.” MidAmerica. 34 (2007): 118-125. Print.
“Laura’s Story: Gender, Autobiography, and the Little House Books.” a/b: Auto/Biography Studies 22.2 (2007): 250-269. Print.
“Children’s Literature in ‘Adult’ Courses.” International Conference of the Children’s Literature Association, Boston, MA, June 2012.
“Fairy Tale Makeovers: Style or Substance.” The National Popular Culture & American Culture Association Annual Conference, Boston, MA, April 2012.
“The Body Beautiful? Fairy Tale Revisions and the Female Body.” International Conference of the Children’s Literature Association, Roanoke, VA, June 2011.
“The female body as classroom object: Gendered rules for consumption?” With Harold E. Dorton, Jr. The National Popular Culture & American Culture Association Annual Conference, San Antonio, TX, April 2011.
“The Politics of Mixed Gender Team Teaching in Women’s Studies Classes.” With Harold E. Dorton, Jr. The National Popular Culture & American Culture Association Annual Conference, St. Louis, MO, April 2010.
“Anne Frank: Bringing Memoir of Age.” Anne Frank: Lessons for a New Century, Norfolk, VA, April 2010.
“A Knucklehead, a Bad Boy and a Yo-yo: The Autobiographies of Walter Dean Myers, Jerry Spinelli, and Jon Scieszka.” International Conference of the Children’s Literature Association, Charlotte, NC, June 2009.
Mr. Stephen G. Leist
- “The Presidency of Raymond F. McLain,” Transylvania Treasures, Vol. 5, No. 2, Summer 2012.
- Presentation Kentucky Library Association, Academic Section Spring Meeting 2012, on “Student Training for Excellent Customer Service”.
- “The Exceptional Dr. Rose,” Transylvania Treasures, Vol. V, No. 1, Spring 2012.
- “Current Perspectives on Organ Research, American Organ Archives,” The Diapason, August 2003.
- “The American Classic Organ in Letters: A Case Study in Controversy,” The Tracker (Journal of the Organ Historical Society), Vol. 47, No. 3 (2003).
- “The Organs of Christ Church Cathedral, Lexington, Kentucky.” The Tracker, Vol. 46, No. 3 (2002).
- The History of Music of Christ Church Cathedral, 1796-1996. Versailles, Kentucky: Deerhaven Press, 1998.
Dr. Terrence Lindvall
- Lindvall, Terry. "God in the Saddle: Silent Western Films as Protestant Sermons." Australian Religious Studies Review 21.3 (2009): 318-344.
- Lindvall, Terry. "Silent Cinema and Religion: An Overview (1895-1930)." The Routledge Companion to Religion and Film. Ed. John Lyden. New York: Routledge, 2009.
- Lindvall, Terry, ed. Opening the Doors: Faith and Literature. Boston: Beford/St. Martin Press, 2008.
- Lindvall, Terry, ed.. Opening the Doors: Faith and Literature. Boston: Beford/St. Martin Press, 2008.
- Lindvall, Terry."Local Television Evening News." State of the Region: Hampton Roads 2008. Ed. James V. Koch. Old Dominion University, 2008.
- Lindvall, Terry. "Moving from Film to Digital Movies." Understanding Evangelical Media: The Changing Face of Christian Communication. Eds. Quentin J. Schultze and Robert H. Woods. Downers Grove, IL:InterVarsity Press, 2008. 58-70.
- Lindvall, Terry. "Cinema Virtue, Cinema Vice: Race, Religion, and Film Exhibition in Norfolk, Virginia, 1908-1922." Hollywood in the Neighborhood: Historical Case Studies of Local Moviegoing. Ed. Kathryn Fuller-Seeley. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2008. 91-103.
- Lindvall, Terry. "Sundays in Norfolk: Toward a Protestant Utopia Through Film Exhibition in Norfolk, Virginia, 1910-1920." Going to the Movies: Hollywood and the Social Experience of Cinema. Eds. Richard Maltby, Melvyn Stokes, and Robert Allen. Exeter, UK: University of Exeter Press, 2008. 76-93.
- Lindvall, Terrence R., William J. Brown, and John D. Keeler. "Audience Responses to The Passion of the Christ." Journal of Media and Religion 6.2 (2007): 87-107.
- Lindvall, Terry. Sanctuary Cinema: Origins of the Christian Film Industry. New York: New York University Press, 2007.
- Lindvall, Terry. The Mother of all Laughter: Sarah & the Genesis of Comedy. Nashville: Broadman and Holman, 2003.
- Lindvall, Terry. The Silents Of God: Selected Issues & Documents In Silent American Film & Religion, 1908-1925. Lanham, MD: Scarecrow Press, 2001.
Dr. David J. Lorenzo
- Lorenzo, David. "Hsièn Kăi in Taiwan: Assessing Possible Constitutional Models." American Journal of Chinese Studies, Vol. 14, No. 2 (October 2007): 153-165.
- Lorenzo, David. "Gladstone, Religious Freedom, and Practical Reasoning." History of Political Thought, Vol. 26, No. 1 (April 2005): 90-119.
- Lorenzo, David. "Tradition and Prudence in Locke's Exceptions to Toleration." American Journal of Political Science, Vol. 47, No. 2 (April 2003): 248-58.
- Lorenzo, David. "Attaining Rogers Smith's Civic Ideals." Political Theory, Vol. 30, No. 3 (June 2002): 357-83.
Dr. Travis B. Malone
Malone, Travis. "Utopia, Nostalgia, and Community in Grease: How a Film Can Create a Stage Legacy." Theatre Annual. 63. College of William and Mary, Fall 2010.
Malone, Travis. Book Review. Shadowed Cocktails: The Plays of Philip Barry from Paris Bound to The Philadelphia Story by Donald R. Anderson. The Journal of American Culture. Hoboken: Wiley-Blackwell, October 2011.
Malone, Travis. Book Review. American Political Plays after 9/11. Allan Havis ed. The Journal of American Culture. Hoboken: Wiley-Blackwell, October 2010.
Electronic Publications and Educational Materials
“Theatre,” Core Concepts in the Arts and Humanities DVD-ROM, New York: McGraw-Hill, (Content in production for CreativeMyndz Productions) March 2005.
“Film,” Core Concepts in the Arts and Humanities DVD-ROM, New York: McGraw-Hill, (Content in production for CreativeMyndz Productions) March 2005.
The Projector: An Electronic Journal on Film, Media, and Culture. Published by the Department of Theatre and Film at Bowling Green State University. A peer-reviewed journal featuring an pre-eminent international editorial board.
Dr. Daniel S. Margolies
- Margolies, ed., A Companion to Harry S. Truman (forthcoming, Blackwell, 2012)
- "Voz de Pueblo Chicano: Sustainability, Teaching, and Intangible Cultural Transfer in Conjunto Music," Journal of American Culture 34:1 (March, 2011): 36-48.
- Spaces of Law in American Foreign Relations: Extradition and Extraterritoriality in the Borderlands and Beyond, 1877-1898. (Athens: University of Georgia Press, 2011).
- "The Ill-defined Fiction of Extraterritoriality’ and Sovereign Exception in Late Nineteenth Century U.S. Foreign Relations"Southwestern Law Review 40 (2011): 574- 603.
- "Transmission of Conjunto Music in the 21st Century,” International Journal of Intangible Heritage 6:2 (2011): 26-33.
- "Latino Migrant Music and Identity in the Borderlands of the New South," Journal of American Culture 32:2 (June, 2009): 114-125.
- Margolies, Dan. "Polkas, Polkas, y Mas Polkas: The Tejano Conjunto Festival in San Antonio," The Old Time Herald: A Magazine Dedicated to Old Time Music 11:3 (February-March, 2008): 32-38.
- Margolies, Dan. "Speedy Krise, Old Time Dobro Player," The Old Time Herald: A Magazine Dedicated to Old Time Music 11: 2 (December, 2007-January, 2008).
- Margolies, Dan. "I Have But One Goal: Molly O'Day and the Gospel in Old Time Country Music," The Old Time Herald: A Magazine Dedicated to Old Time Music 11: 2 (December, 2007-January, 2008), cover mention.
- Margolies, Dan. "The Battle of the Alamo 1836," "The Battle of Bull Run 1861," "The Battle of Little Big Horn 1876," and "The Sand Creek Massacre 1864." Encyclopedia of Disasters, Accidents, and Crises in American History. Ed. Ballard Campbell. New York: Facts on File, 2007.
- Margolies, Dan. "Robert E. Lee: Heroic, But Not the Polio Vaccine," Reviews in American History 35:3 (2007): 385-392.
- Margolies, Dan. "Review of Helen Duffy, The 'War on Terror' and the Framework of International Law," H-Diplo, H-Net Reviews, March, 2007. http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.cgi?path=26031179420475
- Margolies, Dan. Henry Watterson and the New South: The Politics of Empire, Free Trade, and Globalization. Lexington: University Press of Kentucky, 2006.
- Margolies, Dan. "Review of James C. Cobb and William Stueck, eds. Globalization and the American South" and Review of Harry L. Watson, and Carrie R. Matthews, eds., The American South in a Global World," H-South, H-Net Reviews, June, 2006. http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.cgi?path=78351160772984
- Margolies, Dan. "Mine that Vein: The John Donald Robb Field Recordings of Southwestern Music, 1944-1979," The Old Time Herald: A Magazine Dedicated to Old Time Music 10:5 (June 2006): 27.
- Margolies, Dan. "The Sandia Hots: Spicing Up Old Time Music with the Sounds of the Southwest," The Old Time Herald: A Magazine Dedicated to Old Time Music 10:5 (June, 2006): 22-29. Cover story.
- Margolies, Dan. "Ladder-braced Guitars and the Enduring Mysteries of the Old Time Sound," The Old Time Herald: A Magazine Dedicated to Old Time Music 10:2 (Winter, 2005): 11-15.
- Margolies, Dan. "Saturday Night at Wayne's Body Shop in Portsmouth, Virginia," The Old Time Herald: A Magazine Dedicated to Old Time Music 9:3 (Spring 2004): 14-18.
Dr. Gabriela A. Martorell
- ChaptersBugental, D. B., Olster, D. H. & Martorell, G. A. (2003). A developmental neuroscience perspective onthe dynamics of parenting. In L. Kuczynski (Ed.), Handbook of Dynamics in Parent-ChildRelationships. Thousand Oaks: Sage.ArticlesMyrick, S. E. & Martorell, G. A. (2010). Sticks and stones may break my bones: Protective factorsagainst perceived discrimination on social competence in adolescence, Journal of Social andPersonal Relationships, 18, 487-501.Martorell, S. & Martorell, G. A. (2006). Bridging uncharted waters in Georgia: Down syndromeassociation of Atlanta outreach to Latino/a families. American Journal of CommunityPsychology, 37, 1827-1833.Martorell, G. A., Bugental, D. B. (2006). Maternal variations in stress reactivity: Implications forharsh parenting practices with very young children. Journal of Family Psychology, 20(4),641-647.Bugental, D. B., Martorell, G. A. & Barraza, V (2003). The hormonal costs of subtle forms of infantmaltreatment. Hormones and Behavior, 43, 237-244.Lin, E. K., Bugental. D. B., Turek, V., Martorell, G. A. & Olster, D. H. (2002). Children’s vocalproperties as mobilizers of stress-related physiological responses in adults. Personality and SocialPsychology Bulletin, 28, 346-357.Bugental, D. B. & Martorell, G. (1999). Competition between friends: The joint influence of perceivedpower of self, friends and parents. Journal of Family Psychology, 13, 1-14.TextbooksMartorell, G. A. (2012). Child. New York: McGraw-HillMartorell, G. A. & Papalia, D. (in progress). A Child’s World. New York: McGraw-Hill.FilmsAssociate Producer, McGraw-Hill, Study Smart. Short films describing concepts in developmentalpsychology, 2013.Associate Producer, AKLearning, Milestones of Development. Short films illustrating concepts indevelopmental psychology, 2007-2012.Educational consultant, Dark Blue Morning Productions, Discovering Psychology. Short films illustratingconcepts in psychology, 2008.Educational consultant, Dark Blue Morning Productions, World of Psychology. Cross-culturalexamination of themes in psychology, 2008.Associate producer, McGraw-Hill. Faces of Abnormal Psychology, volume 2. Clinical profiles of 11individuals suffering from psychopathology, 2003.
Dr. Eric M. Mazur
Author, “The Gospel According to Comic Strips: On Peanuts, The Far Side, and B.C.” In Godly Heretics: Essays on Alternative Christian Views in Literature and Other Media, ed. Marc DiPaolo, 143-161. McFarland & Co., 2013.
Author, “Religion, Race, and the American Constitutional Order.” In Faith and Race in American Political Life, ed. Robin Dale Jacobson and Nancy D. Wadsworth, 33-55. University of Virginia Press, 2012.
Author, “Dar al-Constitutional: Islam in the American Constitutional Order.” Connecticut Public Interest Law Journal 11, 2 (Spring/Summer 2012): 183-220.
Editor, Encyclopedia of Religion & Film (ABC-CLIO, 2011).
Co-editor (with Kate McCarthy), God in the Details: American Religion in Popular Culture, 2nd ed. (Routledge, 2010).
Author, “Going My Way? Crosby and Catholicism on the Road to America.” In “Going My Way”: Bing Crosby and American Culture, ed. Ruth Prigozy and Walter Raubicheck, 17-33. University of Rochester Press, 2007.
Co-author (with Phillip E. Hammond and David W. Machacek), Religion on Trial: How Supreme Court Trends Threaten the Freedom of Conscience in America (Alta Mira, 2004).
Editor, Art & the Religious Impulse (Bucknell University Press, 2002).
Co-editor (with Kate McCarthy), God in the Details: American Religion in Popular Culture (Routledge, 2001).
Author, The Americanization of Religious Minorities: Confronting the Constitutional Order (Johns Hopkins University Press, 1999).
Dr. Stuart C. Minnis
“Andrei Tarkovsky.” The Encyclopedia of Religion and Film. Eric Mazur, ed. New York: ABC-CLIO, 2011.
“Roughened Form of Time, Space, and Character in The Mirror.” The Quarterly Review of Film and Video 25:3 (May 2008): 241-250.
Review of Winston Wheeler Dixon and Gwendolyn Audrey Foster, eds., Experimental Cinema: The Film Reader. The Journal of Film and Video 55.2/3 (Summer/Fall 2003): 104-107.
“Andrei Tarkovsky.” The Encyclopedia of Filmmakers. John Tibbetts and James Welsh, eds. New York: Facts on File Press, 2002.
“Sergei Paradjanov.” The Encyclopedia of Filmmakers. John Tibbetts and James Welsh, eds. New York: Facts on File Press, 2002.
“Physiological Problematics in Immersive Virtual Environments.” The Journal of Moving Image Studies 1.1 (Fall 2001).
“Digitalization and the Instrumentalist Approach to the Photographic Image.” Iris 25 (Spring 1998): 49-59.
“Response to Peter Lehman’s ‘Pluralism versus the Correct Position’.” Cinema Journal 37:2 (Winter 1998): 92-95.
“The Handmaid’s Tale.” The Encyclopedia of Novels into Film. James Welsh and John Tibbetts, eds. New York: Facts on File Press, 1998.
“The Name of the Rose.” The Encyclopedia of Novels into Film. James Welsh and John Tibbetts, eds. New York: Facts on File Press, 1998.
"Sergei Paradjanov.” The Encyclopedia of Filmmakers. John Tibbetts and James Welsh, eds. New York: Facts on File Press, 2002.
“The Handmaid’s Tale.” The Encyclopedia of Novels into Film. James Welsh and John Tibbetts, eds. New York: Facts on File Press, 1998.
“The Name of the Rose.” The Encyclopedia of Novels into Film. James Welsh and John Tibbetts, eds. New York: Facts on File Press, 1998.
Dr. Taryn A. Myers
Myers, T. A., Ridolfi, D. R., Crowther, J. H., & Ciesla, J. (2012). The impact of appearance-focused social comparisons on body image disturbance in the naturalistic environment: The roles of thin-ideal internalization and feminist beliefs. Body Image, 9, 342-351. doi: 10.1016/j.bodyim.2012.03.005.
Ridolfi, D. R., Myers, T. A., Crowther, J. H., & Ciesla, J. (2011). An examination of a potential moderator of the relationship between naturally occurring social comparisons to peers and media images and body image disturbance. Sex Roles, 65, 491-505. doi: 10.1007/s11199-011-9961-0.
Myers, T.A., & Crowther, J. H. (2009). Social comparison as a predictor of body dissatisfaction: A meta-analytic review. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 118, 283-298. doi: 10.1037/a0016763.
Myers, T. A., & Crowther, J. H. (2008). Is self-objectification related to interoceptive awareness? An examination of potential mediating pathways to disordered eating attitudes. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 32, 172-180. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 32, 172-180. doi: 10.1111/j.1471-6402.2008.00421.x.
Leahey, T., Myers, T., Gunstad, J., Glickman, E., Spitznagel, M., Alexander, T., & Juvancic-Heltzel, J. (2008). AB40 is associated with cognitive function, body fat, and physical fitness in healthy older adults. Nutritional Neuroscience,10, 205-9. doi: 10.1080/10284150701676156.
Myers, T. A., & Crowther, J. H. (2007). Sociocultural pressures, thin-ideal internalization, self-objectification, and body dissatisfaction: Could feminist beliefs be a moderating factor? Body Image, 4, 296-308. doi: 10.1016/j.bodyim.2007.04.001.
Dr. Timothy G. O'Rourke
Publications, Professional Papers
State and Local Government: The Third Century of Federalism (Prentice-Hall, 1988), co-author with Richard H. Leach.
The Impact of Reapportionment (Transaction Books, 1980), one of CHOICE’s Outstanding Academic Books of 1980.
Dimensions of State and Urban Policy Making (Macmillan, 1975), co-editor with Richard H. Leach and others.
Articles in Books, Journals
“Assessing the 1990s South Carolina Congressional Districting Plan,” 19 Political Geography 189-211 (2000), co-author with Carmen Cirincione and Thomas Darling.
“The Impact of Reapportionment on Congress and State Legislatures,” pp. 195-224 in Voting Rights and Redistricting in the United States, ed. Mark Rush (Westport, CT: Greenwood Press, 1998).
"Thomas Coleman Andrews," pp. 168-70 in Dictionary of Virginia Biography, Volume 1 (Aaroe-Blanchfield), ed. John T. Kneebone et al. (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1998).
“The Local Election System,” in Handbook for Mayors and Municipal Council Members, 4th Ed. Rev., ed. Sandra Wiley and Mary Jo Fields (Richmond: Virginia Municipal League, 1998).
“Shaw v. Reno: The Shape of Things to Come," 26 Rutgers Law Journal 723-73 (1995), reprinted with “Epilogue” in Affirmative Action and Representation: Shaw v. Reno and the Future of Voting Rights, ed. Anthony A. Peacock (Durham: Carolina Academic Press, 1997), pp. 43-95.
"Shaw v. Reno and the Hunt for Double Cross-Overs," 28 PS: Political Science & Politics 36-41 (1995).
"The Voting Rights Paradox," pp. 84-113 in Controversies in Minority Voting: The Voting Rights Act in Perspective, ed. Bernard Grofman and Chandler Davidson (Brookings Institution, 1992).
"The Contemporary Relevance of the Virginia Ratification Convention of 1788," pp. 129-44 in The David A. Sayre History Symposium: Collected Lectures, 1985-89 (Lexington, Ky: Sayre School, 1991).
"The Demographic and Economic Setting of Southern Politics," pp. 9-34 in Contemporary Southern Politics, ed. by James F. Lea (Baton Rouge: Louisiana State University Press, 1988).
"Resurgent Governors in the Federal System," 1 Political Science Teacher 5-7 (Fall 1988), co-author with Rickey Vallier.
"Justice Black, Local Control, and Federalism," 38 Alabama Law Review 331-356 (1987), co-author with Abigail M. Thernstrom; reprinted in Tony Freyer, ed., Justice Hugo Black and Modern America (Univ. of Alabama Press, 1990).
"Racial Polarization in Vote Dilution Cases Under Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act: The Impact of Thornburg v. Gingles," 3 Journal of Law & Politics 295-353 (Fall 1986), co-author with Paul W. Jacobs, II.
"Voting Rights Act Amendments of 1982: The New Bailout Provision and Virginia," 69 Virginia Law Review 765-804 (1983).
"Constitutional and Statutory Challenges to Local At-Large Elections," 17 Univ. of Richmond Law Review 39-98 (1982).
"The Impact of Proposed Election Reforms on the Federal System," 3 Southern Rev. of Pub. Administration 21-31 (1979).
"Communication: Trivial Shifts in Presidential Elections," 72 American Political Science Review 1360-61 (1978).
Selected Articles for the Center for Public Service, University of Virginia
"The Local Election System in Virginia's Cities and Towns," 68 Univ. of Virginia News Letter (June 1992); reprinted in Handbook for Virginia Mayors & Council Members, ed. Sandra H. Wiley and Mary Jo Fields (Richmond: Virginia Municipal League, 1993).
"Voting Rights Under the Constitution: A Historical and Contemporary Profile," 61 Univ. of Virginia News Letter (July 1985).
"The Voting Rights Act Amendments of 1982," 59 Univ. of Virginia News Letter (Feb. 1983). This is an abridgment of two law review articles published in 1982 and 1983.
"Virginia's Local Executive Constitutional Officers: A Contemporary Profile," 58 Univ. of Virginia News Letter (May 1982), co-author with George Asimos, Jr.
"The Frostbelt-Sunbelt Controversy," 57 Univ. of Virginia News Letter (April 1981).
"Welfare Policy in Virginia and the Nation," 56 Univ. of Virginia News Letter (Oct. 1979).
"City and County At-Large Elections and the Problem of Minority Representation," 55 Univ. of Virginia News Letter (Feb. 1979).
Review of Colorblind Injustice: Minority Voting Rights and the Undoing of the Second Reconstruction, by Morgan Kousser, in 20 American Review of Politics 107-11 (Spring 1999).
Review of A Decade of Devolution: Perspectives on State-Local Relations, ed. E. Blaine Liner, 21 American Review of Public Administration 157-59 (June 1991).
Review of Whose Votes Count: Affirmative Action and Minority Voting Rights, by Abigail M. Thernstrom, 4 Benchmark 83-87 (Winter 1988).
Review of Electoral Laws and Their Political Consequences, ed. by Bernard Grofman and Arend Lijphart, 81 American Political Science Review (APSR) 1427-28 (1987).
Review of The Nationalization of State Government, ed. Jerome T. Hanus, 76 APSR 137-38 (1982).
Review of Fiscal Retrenchment and Urban Policy, ed. John P. Blair and David Nachmias, 74 APSR 813-14 (1980).
Selected Newspaper, Popular Magazine Articles, Other Publications
Teacher’s Guide to the 2002 Elections in Missouri, prepared for Kids Voting Missouri, distributed to 10,000 teachers.
“How the West Began,” St. Louis Post-Dispatch, May 16, 2002, p. B7 (co-author with Jacqueline Chambers).
“America’s Turnout Problem” and “Voting Rights Under the Constitution: Two Cases,” 25 The Citizenship Educator 1, 4-7 (October 1999), published by the Missouri Bar Advisory Committee on Citizenship Education.
"The Bicentennial of the Bill of Rights," 99 The Scottish Rite Journal 15-18 (Nov. 1991).
"Constitution Is What the American People Make It," The Daily Progress (Charlottesville, VA), Sept. 13, 1987, p. C3.
"The Constitution's Virginia Roots: Six Lessons for Living Under a Constitutional Democracy," The Virginian-Pilot (Norfolk), July 5, 1987, pp. C1, C2. Reprinted, 8 Magazine of History (for Teachers of History) 9-11 (Summer 1994).
Selected Testimony, Submissions to Congressional Committees
Participant in May 25, 1994, Roundtable on the Voting Rights Act, before U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on the Judiciary, Subcom. on Civil and Constitutional Rights, Voting Rights, 103rd Cong., 1st and 2nd Sess. (1994), pp. 353-80.
Testimony on Presley v. Etowah County Commission, before U.S. House of Representatives, Committee on the Judiciary, Subcom. on Civil and Constitutional Rights, Voting Rights Act: Bilingual Education, Expert Witness Fees, and Presley, 102nd Cong., 1st Sess. (1992), pp. 478-95.
Testimony on S. 675, in U.S. Senate, Committee on the Judiciary, Subcommittee on the Constitution, Equal Access to Voting Act of 1989, Hearing of S. 675, 101st Cong., 1st Sess. (1989), pp. 162-175.
Written testimony "Regarding the Proposed Rules for 28 CFR Part 51, Procedures for the Administration of Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act," in U.S. House of Rep., Com. on the Judiciary, Subcom. on Civil and Constitutional Rights, Proposed Changes to Regulations Governing Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act, 99th Cong., 1st Sess. (1985), pp. 29-42.
Selected Presentations at Professional Meetings
Chair, Panel Discussion of “David B. Robertson, The Constitution and America’s Destiny,” at national Policy History Conference, Charlottesville, June 1-4, 2006.
Paper (with Carmen Cirincione & Thomas Darling), “Respect for Traditional Districting Principles: A Computer Intensive Evaluation of Redistricting in Louisiana and Virginia and A Look Ahead.” American Political Science Association Annual Meeting (hereafter, APSA), Boston, Sept. 3-6, 1998.
Paper (with C. Cirincione & T. Darling), “Assessing Race-as-Predominant Factor Claims: A Computer-Intensive Method,” Geographic Information Systems and Redistricting Conference, sponsored by the National Center for Geographic Information and Analysis, SUNY at Buffalo, Oct. 24-26, 1997.
Paper (with C. Cirincione & T. Darling), “Does the Supreme Court Have It Right? Toward a Quantitative Standard for Evaluating Congressional Redistricting Plans After Shaw v. Hunt and Bush v. Vera,” APSA, Washington, D.C., Aug. 28-31, 1997
Paper (with Carmen Cirincione and Thomas Darling), “Race and Congressional Redistricting: A Computer-Intensive Evaluation of the 1992 North Carolina Plan,” APSA, San Francisco, Aug. 29-Sept. 1, 1996.
Paper, "Crazy Quilts Then and Now: Shaw v. Reno and the Legacy of Baker v. Carr," presented at the Annual Meeting of the Western Political Science Association, Albuquerque, March 10-12, 1994.
Panel Chair, Plenary Roundtable Discussion of "The Voting Rights Act: A 25-Year Retrospective," 1990 Annual Meeting of the Southern Political Science Association, Atlanta, November 8-10, 1990.
Commentator, "Conference on the Twenty-fifth Anniversary of the Voting Rights Act of 1965: Law and Society," The Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., October 19, 1990.
Chair, Panel on “Teaching the Constitution,” National Conference of Social Studies Teachers, New York, Nov. 14, 1986.
Presenter on “Virginia Court Days Series,” at American Bar Association Conference on “We the People: Community Forums on the Constitution,” St. Paul, May 9-11, 1986.
Mr. Gavin M. Pate
- Pate, Gavin. The Way to Get Here. Lowell, Mass: Bootstrap Press, 2006.
Dr. Lisa Lyon Payne
- Payne, L. L., (In press). Black and White and Still Read All Over: Examining the State of College Newspapers in a Turbulent Time. Paper accepted for publication in College Media Review.
Lyon, L. (2006). Synthesizing Crisis Communication and Reputation Management: An Experimental Examination of Memory. Journal of Promotion Management 12 (3/4) 161-188.
- Sallot, L., Lyon, L, Acosta-Alzuru, C. and Jones, K. (2005). From Aardvark to Zebra Redux: An Analysis of Theory Development in Public Relations Academic Journals Into the 21st Century. In T. Hansen Horn (Ed.), Public Relations Theory. Allyn & Bacon: Boston, MA.
- Lyon, L. (2005). Publicity. In Robert Heath (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Public Relations. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Lyon, L. (2005). Backgrounder. In Robert Heath (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Public Relations. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Lyon, L. and Cameron G.T. (2004). A Relational Approach Examining the Interplay of Prior Reputation and Immediate Response to a Crisis. Journal of Public Relations Research, 16 (3) 239-268.
- Sallot, L. and Lyon, L.(2003). Teaching Public Relations Writing. In L. M. Sallot and B.J. DeSanto (Eds.), Learning to Teach: What you need to know to develop a successful career as a PR educator (3rd ed.). PRSA Educators' Academy: New York.
- Sallot, L, and Lyon, L. (2003). Investigating Effects of Tolerance-Intolerance of Ambiguity and the Teaching of Public Relations Writing: A Quasi Experiment. Journalism and Mass Communication Educator, 58 (3) 251-272.
- Sallot, L., Lyon, L, Acosta-Alzuru, C. and Jones, K. (2003). From Aardvark to Zebra Phase II: A New Millennium Analysis of Theory Development in Public Relations Academic Journals. Journal of Public Relations Research, 15 (1) 27-90.
- Lyon, L. (2003). How Public Relations Communicators Can Learn From And Prepare For Crises. Proceedings of the Annual Georgia Communication Association Convention, 73, 10.
- Park, J, Lyon, L. and Cameron G.T. (2001). Does Reputation Management Reap Rewards? A Path Analysis of Corporate Reputation Advertising's Impacts on Brand Attitudes and Purchase Decisions. Web Journal of Mass Communication Research. Available: www.scripps.ohoiu.edu/wjmcr/.
- Lyon, L. (2001). Hands on the Big Apple: How Experiential Learning Strengthens the Integration of Theory and Practice. Proceedings of the Annual Georgia Communication Association Convention, 70, 25-28.
- Lyon, L. and Cameron, G.T. (1998). Fess Up or Stonewall? An Experimental Test of Prior Reputation and Response Style in the Face of Negative News Coverage. Web Journal of Mass Communication Research. Available: www.scripps.ohoiu.edu/wjmcr/.
- Lyon, L. and McKearney White, C. (1997). Is Any Press Good Press? The Influence of Negative Information on Brand Choice. In C. M. Macklin (Ed.), Proceedings of the American Academy of Advertising (pp.187-191), Cincinnati, OH
Ms. Charlotte E. Potter, M.F.A
Published Reviews & Television Interviews
2012 Bergens Tidende, Glassmenasjeriet, Aug 11
Art Daily, OKCMOA organizes FUSION: A New Century of Glass for 10th anniversary downtown
Glass Quarterly Hot Sheet;
Group Exhibition at Norway open-access glass studio S12, Aug 8
Charlotte Potter explores social networking as conceptual art strategy, Jun 22
2011 Art Daily, Charlotte Potter Joins the Chrysler Museum of Art, June 2011.
Inside Business, First Person Charlotte Potter, July 15th
Glass Quarterly Hot Sheet;
Top artists to visit the new Chrysler Museum Glass Studio, Feb 9th
OPENING: The story behind the Chrysler Museum of Art’s new glass studio, Nov 1st
A Conversation with the head of the Chrysler Museums Glass Studio, June 17th
The Virginian Pilot:
Scenes; Chrysler Museum Glass Studio Opens, Nov 1st
How Hampton Roads became the center for Glass Art, Nov 6th
Chrysler Bring new heat to Glass, Oct 29
Chrysler Museum Picks Artist to Run Glass Studio, Jun 10th
2010 The Boston Phoenix, Celebration of Sensation, Greg Cook. May 27th 2010. Exhibition Review.
The Glass Quarterly Hot Sheet, Seen: Diverse materials in RISD MFA graduate thesis exhibition, Andrew Page.
New Glass Review # 31,The Corning Museum of Glass. Featured Artist, page 41.
American Style, Artists’ Spaces; The Potter’s Place, Angelo Lynn, pages 44-49.
2009 Glass Quarterly Magazine, Adventures in The Lands, Judith Schaechter, Exhibition Review
Glass Quarterly Magazine, Rebecca Park, Performance Art, the next wave; Cirque de Verre
Vermont Public Television, The Late Night Show with Tim Kavenaugh, The Potter Family
2008 NJN Public Television, State of the Arts Series, New Glass at Wheaton, winner of the CINE Golden Eagle Award
Wheaton Arts, Robin Rice, Online Critical Essays, Charlotte Potter
2007 Mountain Living Magazine, Contemporary Art in Jackson Hole, Sept
2006 -2009 The Planet Jackson Hole: Potter Returns, July 09’. Not just another Genius Waitress, Oct. 23rd 08’. Potter at Artlab, April 30th 08’.
Jackson Hole News and Guide Articles: The Tourist Trap
Dr. Paul B. Rasor
- Reclaiming Prophetic Witness: Liberal Religion in the Public Square (Boston: Skinner House Books, 2012).
- From Jamestown to Jefferson: The Evolution of Religious Freedom in Virginia (University of Virginia Press, 2011) (co-editor)
- "The War Discourses of William Ellery Channing: Pacifism and Just War in Antebellum Religious Liberalism," Journal for the History of Modern Theology/Zeitschrift für neuere Theologiegeschichte vol. 17 (2010):35-72.
- "Identity, Covenant, and Commitment," in John Gibb Millspaugh, ed., A People So Bold (Boston: Skinner House Books, 2009).
- "Theological and Political Liberalisms," Journal of Law and Religion vol. 24 (2009):433-462.
- "Forward," in Frederic John Muir, ed., The Whole World Kin: Darwin and the Spirit of Liberal Religion (Boston: Skinner House Books, 2009).
- Review of Rex Ahdar and Ian Leigh, Religious Freedom in the Liberal State (Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2005), in Journal of Church and State vol. 50 (2008):359-61.
- "Beyond Just War and Pacifism: Toward a Unitarian Universalist Theology of Prophetic Nonviolence," Journal of Liberal Religion vol. 8 (2008). http://www.meadville.edu/journal/LL_JLR_v8_n1_Rasor.pdf.
- "Postmodernity, Globalization, and the Challenge of Identity in Liberal Theology," in Clifford M. Reed and Jill K. McAllister, eds., The Home We Share: Globalization, Post-Modernism and Unitarian/Universalist Theology (Caerphilly, Wales: International Council of Unitarians and Universalists, 2007):57-73.
- Review of Elizabeth Anne Oldmixon, God, Sex, and the U.S. House of Representatives (Georgetown University Press, 2005), in Journal of Church and State vol. 48 (2006):897-98.
- Faith Without Certainty: Liberal Theology in the 21st Century (Boston: Skinner House, 2005).
- "The Postmodern Challenge to Liberal Theology," Unitarian Universalist Christian vol. 58 (2003):5-56.
- "Reclaiming Our Prophetic Voice: Liberal Theology and the Challenge of Racism," in Marjorie Bowens-Wheatley and Nancy Palmer Jones, eds., Soul Work: Anti-Racist Theologies in Dialogue (Boston: Skinner House Books, 2003):105-123.
- "Intersubjective Communication and the Self in Wieman and Habermas," American Journal of Theology and Philosophy vol. 21 (September, 2000):269-287.
- “The Self in Contemporary Liberal Religion: A Constructive Critique,” Journal of Liberal Religion 1 (1999):1-23.
- “Biblical Roots of Modern Consumer Credit Law,” Journal of Law and Religion 10 (1993):157-92.
Dr. Paul M. Resslar
- D.N. Proud, V.R. Townsend, Jr, M.K. Moore, and P.M. Resslar. 2006. A potential new species of harvestmen. (Opiliones, Manaosbiidae) from Morne Bleu Ridge in the Northern Range of Trinidad, W.I. Southeastern Biology 53(2):280-281.
- Resslar, P.M. 2006. Observing caladiums in the Northern Range of Trinidad. Selbyana 27(1): 93-95.
- Resslar, P.M. 2004. Cold Hardiness of Cycas taitungensis. Encephalartos 79:15-16.
Dr. Philip Rock
- Nickol, B.B., C.A. Fuller, and P. Rock. 2006. Cystacanths of Oncicola venezuelensis (Acanthocephala: Oligacanthorynchidae) in Caribbean Termites and Various Paratenic Hosts in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Journal of Parasitology 92:539-542.
- Fuller, C.A., Rock, P., Philips, T.J. 2003. Behavior, Color Changes and Predation Risk Induced by Acanthocephalan Parasitism in theCaribbean Termite Nasutitermes acajutlae, Caribbean Journal of Science 39: (1):128-135.
Mr. John M. Rudel, M.F.A.
- Rudel, John. "Things Tell Stories," Art Gallery Lorrie Saunders, Norfolk, VA, 2008.
- Rudel, John. "Hampton Roads Photographers," (curated by James Jones), Charles Taylor Arts Center, Hampton, VA 2006.
- Rudel, John. "Doors," Grove Arcade, Asheville, NC, 2006.
- Rudel, John. "Mid-Atlantic Juried Exhibition," D'Art Center, Norfolk, VA, 2006.
- Rudel, John. "Really Digital" (curated by Michael Preble), Peninsula Fine Arts Center, Newport News, VA, 2006.
Dr. William J. Ruehlmann
- Ruehlmann, William J. Regular publication of columns on books and people for The Virginian-Pilot (30 years, including four Pulitzer nominations) and for Port Folio Weekly (8 years).
- Ruehlmann, William J. The Feature Story Strikes Back. Clarion, Pa.: Society of Collegiate Journalists, 2004.
Dr. Maynard H. Schaus
- Schaus, M. H., M. J. Vanni, and T. E. Wissing. 2002. Biomass-dependent diet shifts in omnivorous gizzard shad: Implications for growth, food web, and ecosystem effects. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 131:40-54.
- Vanni, M.J., W.H. Renwick, J.L. Headworth, J.D. Auch, and M.H. Schaus. 2001. Dissolved and particulate nutrient flux from three adjacent agricultural watersheds: A five year study. Biogeochemistry 54:85-114.
Dr. Sara Sewell
“Bolshevizing Communist Women: The Red Women and Girls’ League in Weimar Germany, Central European History, vol. 45 (2012), 268-305.
“The Party Does Indeed Fight Like a Man: The Construction of a Masculine Ideal in the German Communist Party during the Weimar Republic,” in Weimar Culture Revisited, John Williams, ed., New York: Palgrave, 2011.
“Mourning Comrades: Communist Funerary Rituals in Cologne during the Weimar Republic,” German Studies Review, vol. 32, no. 3 (October 2009), 537-548.
Dr. Sally H. Shedd
- Shedd, Sally H. and Leslie Atkins Durham. Theatre Lives. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2009.
- Shedd, Sally H. "'There is No Keyhole on My Door': Musings on Visibility and the Power of the 'Unmarked' in The Children's Hour." Journal of Dramatic Theory and Criticism 21.2 (2007): 139-142.
Dr. Jennifer A. Slivka
Slivka, Jennifer A. “History and the ‘I’ Trapped in the Middle: Negotiating the Past in Roth's The Ghost Writer and The Plot Against America.” Philip Roth Studies 8.2 (Fall 2012): (forthcoming).
Slivka, Jennifer A. Review of James Joyce and the Revolt of Love: Marriage, Adultery, Desire by Janine Utell. NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010. English Literature in Transition, 1880-1920 55.1 (2012): 120-124.
Slivka, Jennifer A. Review of Wild Colonial Girl: Essays on Edna O’Brien. Eds. Lisa Colletta and Maureen O'Connor. Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin Press, 2006. New Hibernia Review 12.1 (Spring 2008): 157-58.
Dr. Kathy S. Stolley
Stolley, Kathy S. and Stephanie Watson. 2012. Medical Tourism: A Reference Handbook. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-Clio.
Stolley, Kathy S. 2011. “An On-Campus Homeless Shelter: The Sociological Imagination, Service-Learning, and Applied Sociology.” Theory in Action. 4 (2/April): 31-46.
Stolley, Kathy. 2011. "Personal Biography to Social Policy Implications of the Politics Surrounding Women’s Bodies. A Review of The Politics of Women's Bodies: Sexuality, Appearance, and Behavior,” 3rd ed., edited by Rose Weitz.” Sex Roles. 65 (7-8): 653-655. (Invited Review.)
Stolley, Kathy Shepherd. 2011. “Sheltering, Service-Learning, and Applying Sociology on Campus.” Section on Sociological Practice and Public Sociology Newsletter. Winter. American Sociological Association: 3-5.
Stolley, Kathy S. 2010. “Making an Interest in Adoption Matter.” Sociologists in Action. Kathleen Odell Korgen and Jonathan M. White, eds. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage: 235-239. (Invited item.)
Stolley, Kathy S. 2010. “Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire (1911).” Encyclopedia of Disaster Relief. K. Bradley Penuel and Mathew Statler, eds. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Reference: 692-693.
Stolley, Kathy S. and John E. Glass. 2009. HIV/AIDS. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press.
Stolley, Kathy. 2008. “Adoptive Parents.” Encyclopedia of the Life Course and Human Development. Vol. 1. Detroit: Macmillan Reference USA: 5-8.
Stolley, Kathy S., Diane E. Hotaling, and Felecia Kiser. 2008. “An On-Campus Homeless Shelter: A Case Study in Applied Sociology and Service-Learning.” Journal of Applied Social Science. 2 (2/Fall): 29-38.
Stolley, Kathy S. 2008. “Census.” International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, William A. Darity, Jr., ed. Vol. 1, 2nd ed. Detroit: Macmillan Reference USA: 476-477.
Stolley, Kathy S. and Vern L. Bullough, eds. 2006. The Praeger Handbook of Adoption, 2 volume set. Westport, CT: Praeger. (Includes authorship of 15 entries and sidebars).
Stolley, Kathy. 2005. “Is Applied Sociology a New Idea?” Applied Sociology and Sociological Practice: Questions and Answers page of the Anne Arundel Community College Sociology and Geography Department Web Site. http://www.aacc.edu/socgeo/qakstollapsoc.cfm. (Invited item.)
Stolley, Kathy S. 2005. The Basics of Sociology. Westport, CT: Greenwood Press.
Hauser, William J., Kathryn Feltey, John E. Glass, AnnMarie Scarisbrick-Hauser, Kathy Stolley, and Stephen F. Steele. 2004. “Through the Looking Glass: An Identity Crisis in Sociology?” Journal of Applied Sociology/Sociological Practice. 21 (1/Spring)/6 (1/Spring): 51-58.
Stolley, Kathy S. 2002. “Opium.” Drugs and Controlled Substances: Information for Students. Stacey L. Blachford and Kristine Krapp, eds. Detroit: Gale Group: 363-373.
Stolley, Kathy S. 2001. Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine. Kristine Krapp and Jacqueline L.Longe, eds. Detroit: Gale Group. - Entries on "Cayce Health System," "Diamond Diet," "Iodine," "Iridology," "Osteopathy," “Trichomoniasis,” and “Vaginitis.”
Stolley, Kathy S. 2000-2001. Sociology at About.com: Regular features (2-4 per month) targeted to online audiences covering basic sociology and application of sociological perspectives to social issues.
Stolley, Kathy Shepherd and Maximiliane Szinovacz. 1997. "Caregiving Responsibilities and Child Spanking." Journal of Family Violence. 12 (1/March): 99-112.
Hall, Elaine J. and Kathy Shepherd Stolley. 1997. “A Historical Analysis of the Presentation of Abortion and Adoption in Marriage and Family Textbooks: 1950-1987.” Family Relations. 46 (1/January): 73-82.
Ms. Sharon K. Swift, M.F.A.
- Beachum, Sharon. Works selected for "Video Slide Show," Lyceum Theater Gallery, San Diego, 2006.
Ms. Vivian E. Teter
- Teter, Vivian. "Pietà: For All the World to See." Meet Virginia's Poets. Poetry Society of Virginia, 2 Feb. 2009. Web. 2 Jan. 2010.
- Teter, Vivian. Rev. of New Tracks, Night Falling by Jeanne Murray Walker. The Anglican Theological Review 91:4 (2009): 677-678. Print.
- Teter, Vivian. "Toward Ripening." The Anglican Theological Review 91.2 (2009): 298-99.
- Teter, Vivian. "Red-Winged Blackbird." Poetry East 66 (2009): 29. Print.
- Teter, Vivian. "All Your Thorns Torn Out Now: A Sequence of Six Poems." The Other Voices International Project. 7 Sept. 2008. 20 Dec. 2008. http://www.othervoicespoetry.org/vol36/teter/index.html. Note: Other Voices is listed in the journal section of the World Poetry Directory of UNESCO.
- Teter, Vivian. "21st-Century Q & A: A Sequence of Five Poems.” Journal for the Study of Peace and Conflict 2007-2008 Annual Edition: 84-91.
- Teter, Vivian. Translating a Bridge. In Edge by Edge, Volume 3 of The Quartet Series of Contemporary Poetry. Chappaqua, New York: Toadlily Press, 2007.
Pushcart Prize Nomination for "Tulip for a New Millennium" in Edge by Edge. Nominated by the editors of Toadlily Press, November 2007.
- Teter, Vivian. "Four More Reasons for Words." Poetry East. No. 60, Fall 2007.
- Teter, Vivian. "Tulip for a New Millennium." Text and Audio-Recording. Toadlily Press. 30 August 2007. http://www.toadlilypress.com/sampler.html.
- Teter, Vivian. "Across the Street All Autumn." The Spoon River Poetry Review. v.32, no. 1, Winter/Spring 2007.
- Teter, Vivian. "Love Poem to the Punctuation of This World." The Spoon River Poetry Review. v.32, no. 1, Winter/Spring 2007.
Pushcart Prize Nomination. Nominated by the editor of Spoon River Poetry Review, November 2007.
- Teter, Vivian. "every Spark is numbered." Poetry East. No. 58-59, Spring 2007.
- Teter, Vivian. "The Limits We Imagine." Jabberwock Review. v. 26, no. 1, Winter 2005.
- Teter, Vivian. "Hunger of No Tongue." Green Mountains Review. v.17, no. 2, Fall/Winter 2004.
- Teter, Vivian. "Tulip." Green Mountains Review. v.17, no. 2, Fall/Winter 2004.
- Teter, Vivian. "Last Dance." Green Mountains Review. v.17, no. 2, Fall/Winter 2004.
- Teter, Vivian. "Red-Winged Blackbird." Poetry East. v. 52, Spring 2004.
- Teter, Vivian. "Image and Action from Beginning Writing Students." Creative Writing/Creative Teaching: The 2003 AWP Pedagogy Papers. Washington, D.C.: Associated Writing Programs, 2003.
- Teter, Vivian. "Eliciting Substantial Student Feedback." Creative Writing/Creative Teaching: The 2003 AWP Pedagogy Papers. Washington, D.C.: Associated Writing Programs, 2003.
Dr. Victor R. Townsend, Jr.
- Burns, J. A., Hunter, R. K., and V. R. Townsend, Jr. 2007. Tree use by harvestmen (Arachnida: Opiliones) in the rainforests of Trinidad, W.I. Caribbean Journal of Science 43 (1).
- Hunter, R. K., Proud, D. N., Burns, J. A.,Tibbetts, J. A., and V. R. Townsend, Jr. 2007. Parental care in the neotropical harvestman Phareicranaus calcariferus (Opiliones, Laniatores, Cranaidae). Journal of Arachnology 35.
- D.N. Proud, V.R. Townsend, Jr, M.K. Moore, and P.M. Resslar. 2006. A potential new species of harvestmen. (Opiliones, Manaosbiidae) from Morne Bleu Ridge in the Northern Range of Trinidad, W.I. Southeastern Biology 53(2):280-281.
- Townsend, V.R. Jr., and M.K. Moore. 2005. Phrynohyas venulosa (Veined Treefrog). Predation. Herpetological Review 36(4):437.
- Moore, M.K., and V.R. Townsend, Jr. 2006. Mabuya bistriata (Trinidad skink). Reproduction. Herpetological Review 37(1): 89-90.
- Townsend, V. R. Jr., Mulholland, K. A., Bradford, J. O., Proud, D. N., and K. M. Parent. 2006. Seasonal variation in parasitism by erythraeid mites (Leptus sp.) upon the harvestman Leiobunum formosum (Opiliones, Sclerosomatidae). Journal of Arachnology 34 (2) 492-494.
- Rubbo, M. J., V. R. Townsend, S. D. Smyers, and R. G. Jaeger. 2003. An experimental assessment of invertebrate/vertebrate predation: the interaction between wolf spiders (Gladicosa pulchra) and terrestrial salamanders (Ambystoma maculatum). Journal of Zoology 261:1-5.
- Hazelton, S. R., Townsend, V. R. Jr., Richter, C., Ritter, M., Felgenhauer, B. E., and J. H. Spring. 2002. Morphology and ultrastructure of the Malpighian tubules of the common Chilean tarantula, (Araneae, Theraphosidae). Journal of Morphology 251:73-82.
Dr. Michael J. Trotta
2014 Benediction (SATB/Piano) Kjos
2014 Behold, How Good (SATB/unaccompanied) MorningStar
2014 What if you sleep? (3pt/piano) Carl Fischer
2014 Love Song (3pt-mixed/piano/violin) Carl Fischer
2014 Song of Myself (TB/piano) Carl Fischer
2014 In The Bleak Midwinter (SATB/strings/oboe) Colla Voce
2014 In The Bleak Midwinter (TTB/piano/oboe) Colla Voce
2014 In The Bleak Midwinter (SSA/piano/oboe) Colla Voce
2013 Prayer for Peace (SATB/unaccompanied) Morning Star Publications (MSM 50-8515)
2013 And Peace Shall Guard You (SATB/unaccompanied) Morning Star (MSM 50-8515)
2013 Blow, Blow Thou Winter Wind (SATB div/unaccomp) Walton
2013 Break of Day (SATB/piano/English horn or oboe) Carl Fischer Publications (CM-9296)
2013 Break of Day (SSA/piano/English horn or oboe) Carl Fischer Publications (CM-9280)
2013 Make Space for Life to Live (3pt-mixed/piano) Carl Fischer Publications (CM-9289)
2013 Make Space for Life to Live (TB/piano)Carl Fischer Publications (CM-9283)
2013 Make Space for Life to Live (SA/piano) Carl Fischer Publications (CM-9274)
2013 Walk Forth Securely (SATB/keyboard/oboe) Carl Fischer Publications (SCM-9)
2012 I Will Keep Still (SATB/unaccompanied) Alliance Music Publications AMP 0892
2012 When I Sing to Make You Dance (SATB/piano) Carl Fischer Publications (CM-9250)
2012 When I Sing to Make You Dance (SSA/piano) Carl Fischer Publications (CM-9266)
2012 All is Calm (SATB/unaccompanied) Kjos Publications
2012 I Shall See (SATB / unaccompanied) Morning Star Publications (MSM 50-8092)
2011 All Beautiful (SATB/piano) Colla Voce Publications (48-96650)
2010 Veni Creator Spiritus (SATB/unaccompanied) Published with GIA (G-7744)
2009 In The Bleak Midwinter (SATB/piano/oboe) Published with Colla Voce (#48-96680)
Dr. Zizhong Wang
- Z. Wang, et al. "Web graphics for the computation of invariant measures," Applied Mathematics and Computation, 187(2), 1442-1452, 2007.
- Z. Wang, et al. "Web graphics for the computation of invariant measures," Applied Mathematics and Computation, 187(2), 1442-1452, 2007.
- Ding, J. and Z. Wang. "Approximation Order Analysis for the Piecewise Linear Markov Method," Stochastic Analysis and Applications, 19, (6), 911-923, 2001.
- Z. John Wang et al., The Study of quasi Monte Carlo in the parallel computation of invariant measures, Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA'06), Vol. 1, 427-430, CSREA Press, 2006.
- Ding, J. and Z. Wang. "Parallel Computation of Invariant Measures," Annals in Operations Research, 103, 283-290, 2001.
Dr. Craig Wansink
- Wansink, Craig. Regular publication of "Essays on Exegesis" In Lectionary Homiletics.
- Wansink, Craig. "Translation." The Encyclopedia of Religion, Communication, and Media. Ed. Daniel A. Stout. New York: Routledge, 2006.
- Wansink, Craig. "Papyrus." The Encyclopedia of Religion, Communication, and Media. Ed. Daniel A. Stout. New York: Routledge, 2006.
- Wansink, Craig. "Review of Rescue for the Dead: The Posthumous Salvation of Non-Christians in Early Christianity,” Journal of Early Christian Studies. 2003.
- Wansink, Craig. "Prisons." The Encyclopedia of Religious Freedom. Ed. Catharine Cookson. New York: Routledge, 2003.
- Wansink, Craig. "Roman Empire." The Encyclopedia of Religious Freedom. Ed. Catharine Cookson. New York: Routledge, 2003.
- Wansink, Craig. "Faith of Our Neighbors: World Religions in Hampton Roads." Religious/Freedom, Southern Style. Ed. C. Cookson. Norfolk: The Center for the Study of Religious Freedom, 2002.
- Wansink, Craig. "Review of St. Paul's Cosmic War Myth: A Military Version of the Gospel," Religious Studies Review. Fall, 2001.
- Wansink, Craig S. "Commentary on Paul's Letter to Philemon." The Oxford Bible Commentary. Eds. John Barton and John Muddiman. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2001.
Dr. Josh A. Weinstein
- Weinstein, Josh A. “Marianne Moore’s Ecopoetic Architectonics.” ISLE: Interdisciplinary Studies in Literature and Environment 17.2 (2010). 373-88.
- Weinstein, Josh A. Rev. of Teaching North American Environmental Literature, ed. Laird Christensen, Mark C. Long, and Fred Waage. The Journal of American Culture 32.2 (June 2009).
Dr. Robert C. Woods
(2012) Translation: Plato Laches
(2011) Text-book: An Introduction To Reasoning
(2011) Article: "Diagramming Objections To Independent Premises", Informal Logic 31.2
(2011) Translation: Plato Meno
(2011) Translation: Plato Republic Bks. 2-4 (excerpts)
(2011) Review: J. D. G. Evans, A Plato Primer, Bryn Mawr Classical Review 2011.01.17
(2010) Article: "As Happy As Can Be: How Republic's Philosophers Fare Best By Ruling", Journal of Ancient Philosophy 4.1
(2010) Translation: Plato Republic Bk. 1
(2009) Review article: "Scepticism About A Sceptical Aristotle", Polis 26.1
(2009) Article: "The Last Temptation of the Philosopher Ruler", Journal of Ancient Philosophy 3.1
(2008) Review: Susan D. Collins, Aristotle and the Rediscovery of Citizenship, Auslegung 29.2
(2006) Review: D. Brendan Nagle, The Household as the Foundation of Aristotle's Polis, Bryn Mawr Classical Review 2006.11.14
(2006) Review: Andres Rosler's Political Authority and Obligation in Aristotle, Polis 23.1
Dr. Fred W. York, III
Volume I: A Faith Not Worth Fighting For: Addressing Commonly Asked Questions About Christian Nonviolence, co-edited with Justin Barringer, Cascade Books, (June, 2012).
Volume II: A Faith Embracing All Creatures: Addressing Commonly Asked Questions about Christian Care for Animals, co-edited with Andy Alexis-Baker, Cascade Books, (Forthcoming, October, 2012).
Volume III: A Faith Encompassing All of Creation: Addressing Commonly Asked Questions About Christian Care of the Environment, co-edited with Andy Alexis-Baker, Cascade Books, (Forthcoming, 2013).
The Devil Wears Nada, Cascade Books, (September, 2011).
Third-Way Allegiance: Christianity in the Shadow of Religious Empire, Cascadia Publishing, (July, 2011).
The Gift of Difference: Radical Orthodoxy and the Radical Reformation, co-edited with Chris K. Huebner, CMU Press, (July, 2010).
Donkeys and Kings, Resource Publications (January, 2010).
Living on Hope While Living in Babylon: The Christian Anarchists of the 20th Century, Wipf & Stock Press, (May, 2009).
Anesthesia: A Brief Reflection on Contemporary Aesthetics, Seaburn Press, (October, 2008).
The Purple Crown: The Politics of Martyrdom, Herald Press, (November, 2007).
Co-authored, with D. Stephen Long and Nancey Ruth Fox, A Calculated Future: Theology, Ethics, and Economics, Baylor University Press, (November, 2007).