Virginia Wesleyan College
1584 Wesleyan Drive
Norfolk , VA 23502
Mon-Th, 8:30 am – 8:30 pm
CDIP offers one-on-one counseling to help students and alumni make career decisions, choose majors, develop career pathways, and implement career plans. We will schedule a meeting for you with the career counselor who specializes in serving your particular career interests to ensure that you gain pertinent information for your needs and interests. The career counselor will help you to:
- Evaluate your interests and skills.
- Choose a major.
- Review what you have accomplished and enjoy.
- Translate your liberal arts education into job skills sought by employers.
- Locate essential information related to your career interests.
- Evaluate opportunities for gaining professional experience.
- Develop practical strategies to achieve your professional goals.
Counseling appointments may be requested by calling 757.455.3337 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to keep your appointment or find that you are running late, call 757.455.3337 as soon as possible to inform your counselor. It is the policy of the CDIP that if a student or alum fails to show for a scheduled appointment without giving notice, to reschedule they must speak directly to the counselor with whom the appointment had been made.
Drop-in visits are available during regular office hours on an as-available basis to gain “quick question” assistance with your resume, cover letter, or other career-related needs.